Should I Convert to Become a MORMON??

by Latte 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

They always call themselves "Elder"

If they come, say your name is "Berry" and they should refer to you as "Elderberry" (he he)

Actually, I could go with the Mormon thing ... do they still do that multi-missus thing?

• heathen
    heathen

I get the mormons around here every once in awhile but haven't even seriously considered them as anything but another cult .

• Brummie
    Brummie

It might be a good Idea to convert to mormonism and marry a good mormon man, thats the only way you will ever get chance of a resurrection, if he is pleased with you he will call you forth on the resurrection day, if he's not pleased with you...byeeeeeeeeee

Good news is, if he does consider you worthy of a resurrection you will have the blessed hope of bringing forth children for all eternity. millions of em! Too good a chance to miss huh? You'll have a planet all of your own to populate. Hope he's good at sex cus your gonna be in a real fix if he isnt. Oh and you wont be able to have headaches in your new system of things.

Brummie

• Maverick
    Maverick

Now I ask you...Why would you want to become a Moron. They're so many morons out there in the world already. The world needs smart people not more morons! Oh...wait...your talking about MORMONS...opps! Oh hell my answer is still good for that question too! Maverick

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yes Simon. The Latter day saints, the huge mormon corporation, with all the money, do not practice polygamy any more. They had to do away with that belief in order to have state hood and escape the governments wrath.However there are groups in the US and Mexico and Canada that do practice polygamy as a primary belief. In the state of Utah there are estimated to be several thousand polyigamists in small groups. They are easily recognizable as they usually are seen as 2 or 3 families with clothing reminiscent of what was worn around 1900.They behave as if others are not there or do not exist. They seem to be enjoying them selves imensely. But I doubt that they really are.They usually live in small groups in rundown not finished buildings and depend on state and county assistance to feed the many children and wives. If you drive or walk up to one of these groups you are looked at with suspicion and are made to know you are not welcome.

On the border between Utah and Arizona there is a small town that consists of only polygamists. They built on the border so that if the authorities were coming their way from Arizona they could step over into Utah and into another jurisdiction to foil the authorities. Or vice versa.I

In the US the authorities, state and county, can not pursue some one across the lines unless they are in what is called "hot pursuit". That is a crime comitted in their jurisdiction and they still have the perp in sight, then and only then can they cross borders to make arrests on their own. Federal authorities do not have that hindrance.

Recently a polygamist in western Utah began to publicly pronounce his polygamist life and challenge the authorities. He is now in prison. It seems that the state will not act unless you make yourself known and embarrass the authorities.The state of Utah is run by mormons and they do not want the bad publicity. Yet they seem to tolerate this to a great degree.

Aren't religions and cults a constant source of amazing beliefs and almost unbelievable nonsense??

Outoftheorg

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Both founders are cults and both founders (JWs and LDS) were members of the Masons.

I suggest you look into the website, this couple are former Mormons and they can tell you alot about their experience.....

http://www.ibae.org/html/fac.html

Contact them by email or call them.

Latah Latte!

Yiz

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

LDS is just another flavor of christianity. and most particular sects of christianity feel they are the only true and legit one. so basically if you ask another christian about mormons you will get a negative response. who cares if they use masonic symbols? personally i like the mormons and if they just were not so into Jesus and the whole christianity thing I would be one. In fact I was baptized a mormon, so I guess I am one. But I was only active for about a year. as far as theology---they are no where near JWs and alot of their eschatology and prehuman existence beliefs are pretty square with alot of new age-ish spiritualists--also not a negative in my book.

they do not treat you like JWs do and it has been my experience as both that they are polar opposites in most things. the missionaries i have met are very humble and sincere, and will be the first to tell you that no one knows all the answers. Unlike JWs.

check out some of my posts in the past on this subject.

Ravyn

• KGB
    KGB

latte,

ROFLMAO I used to be a Mormon myself but yes they are a cult just like the JW's and I strongly suggest staying away from them. Also someone posted here saying that the mormons also shun, no they do not, they believe that through love you bring them back. I believe that too because when I was shunned by the JW's it really pissed me off

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Also someone posted here saying that the mormons also shun, no they do not, they believe that through love you bring them back.

Thank you KGB for validating what I said earlier regarding shunning. A lot of what is being claimed for 'fact' is nothing more than heresay. I suggest anyone wanting to find out facts should ask a morman. There was a morman poster on here last year by the name of SUSANHERE who seem to hold her own in answering questions about her faith. The following is one of her posts from last year that is quite detailed.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/20836/1.ashx

I suggest you check her other postings to find additional "from the horses month" information. It seems more balanced and fairer when you get both sides of the story.

• KGB
    KGB

outoftheorg,

Hey man please do send them mormons over to my house. They were here the other day , funny thing.

I got them to admit to me that by believeing in Christ and his purpose fullfilled in scripture is all we need to be saved from death(second death) and they both replied yes I was right then I said well in that I guess I dont need to be a mormon then do I. He then went on about how they teach the true gospel and so I asked. "are you implying that I cannot understand the scriptures when I read them ? He said no ! Then I said then I guess I can get the true understanding of the scriptures by reading them right? He said yes but with out the book of Mormon you do not get the full truth from the scriptures so then I said oh your now adding to the bible and what does the last verse in the bible say ? He said anyone who adds or takes away from my words shall be destroyed. He then stood up with his partner and said" I guess we have nothing else to say here" and I told them that they were welcomed any time if they needed a cold drink to stop by I would oblige them.

They will probably never come to my door again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit