Blueblades Gog of Magog Post

by Inkie 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Inkie
    Inkie

Greetings: I was just reading for the first time Blueblades post about Gog of Magog as well as the responses to it. Quite interesting actually. However, I noted that no one mentioned the biblical verses concerning this subject recorded by the apostle John in his Revelation 20:7, 8. I think, considering the Society's teaching on this subject, that it's a pretty important point to make. The verses read:

"Now as soon as the thousand years were ended, Satan will be let loose out of his prison, and he will go out to mislead those nations in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war."

You might want to read the verses surrounding these two in order to get more of the context but I think these two particular verses are most interesting. The Society has this occuring soon before the thousand years begins while the Revelation has is after the thousand years. Who is correct? John? Or the Society? Is Gog destroyed twice? And, what war is "the war" referenced here? Hasn't "the war" always been Armaggedon?

Inkie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit