naughty elder in Detroit

by Dogpatch 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Lindy
    Lindy

Hey! You go out in field service and cheat on your time, you may as well do it at work too! I know many JWs who cheat on their time to "God" so what difference does it make if you apply the same "principles" to your time to a "worldly" group, your job? He is at least practicing what he "preaches"!
    Lindy

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Chieftain in the making - mo more!

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

When I talked to 2 JW ladies at the airport JW literature desk in January they were both underlining their Watchtowers. I think they were counting time and doing pre-study at the same time. I guess Jehovah won't mind because they were doing something vitally important--sitting at the airport doing nothing.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Twink
    Twink

if it was on the "problem solvers" segment, it would have been on the Fox affiliate in Detroit,
    and clickondetroit is the web address for the NBC affiliate.

the link for the problem solvers station is : www.fox2detroit.com

the story isn't up there, maybe they just haven't posted it yet. they usually do follow up over
    the next few nights after a story airs too, will be interesting to watch and see.

the best part too is that in most cases, these stories originate from viewer tips. wonder who turned
    him in.

• chester
    chester

The story is true. I saw it myself this evening.

It was on Fox 2 Detroit.

I checked the problem solvers link but it was not there yet.

I am surprised that no one from Detroit has replied to this post.
    Everyone in Detroit must be Loyal Jdubs.

But the story IS true.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

The elder learned from the best. The WT breeds deception.

• poohbear1962
    poohbear1962

Hehehheheheh.. shouldn't this be posted in the "Humor" section??? ;-)

• poohbear1962
    poohbear1962

Hehehheheheh.. shouldn't this be posted in the "Humor" section??? ;-)

• Flip
    Flip
    WITNESS no more! Borg will make an example out of him.

Probably.

However, the official explanation would be something along the lines that because he was practicing nefarious behavior that isn’t approved by the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses, he had already dissociated himself from the organization that hadn’t as yet dealt formally with this incident and wouldn't be considered a "loyal" member of Jehovah's Witnesses.

"...But thank-you very much, for presenting the additional information that will help accelerate the process for a formal and justifiable decision of disfellowshipment...er…severe demotion and “loving” counseling within the congregation."

Flip

• mamalove
    mamalove

Just found this and happen to recall this vividly. The PO at the KH I went to at the time told me that this elder had done no wrong, although it looked bad of course. Apparantly he had an on call type of job, and could leave during those hours and would have to come back should he be needed.

I believe he had some responsibilities at the conventions as well. Nothing happened to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit