naughty elder in Detroit

by Dogpatch 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

passed on from a loyal JW:

Disgrace was surely brought upon Jehovah's name last night. On the 10 o'clock news there is this program called the problem solvers. They tend to follow city, state, and school board employees. They track these people doing things they ought not, and air it on the news. Most everyone in metro Detroit watches it. Last night they aired a story of a Detroit school employee that grossed about $95,000 last year, $43,000 of it being in over time. They found this to be odd and tracked him over the period of a week.

The man was an Elder in a Detroit congregation. He would go to work on the weekend for 5 min. Then leave to meet with the group for field service. it was terrible. They showed him at people's doors witnessing, the kingdom hall, and the car groups. They mentioned numerous times that he was an elder in the congregation, the equivalent to a pastor. The time he spent out in service he was logging as over time. The news crew confronted him as well, asking if he worked on the weekend. He told them yes. They said they had a video of him doing things other than working. They asked if he was acting honestly and if he was setting a good example to the congregation. He refused to comment and walked away.

It was truly a disgrace to Jehovah's name and the organization. I bet they'll mention it in an article or at the district convention. This news special will be re-shown and posted on the Internet. Might already be at www.clickondetroit.com click on the problem solvers.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Dogpatch,

So, this would give you a good excuse to spank him. I'll bet you would love it.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I just searched the site top to bottom. Nothing has been posted that I can find yet.

My name is Slipnslideius Masterus: commander of the armies of the North, general of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius...

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Elder no more.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

EMPLOYEE no more!

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

WITNESS no more! Borg will make an example out of him.

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

You know, I would revel in this, but I would be just as bad as those "Armageddon Movie" JWs. This certainly gives 'em a

Smiling (but not nastily)
    --Reagan

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

But, I'll bet he had one AWESOME time slip.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Would I get sacked for going to the group then sneeking of to work?

"But it does move"
    Galileo

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Then there's the elders and min. serv. that prepare meeting parts (talks) on company time ... but then it is for Jehovah ... so guess the employers understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit