Psychedelics

by ThomasCovenant 3 Replies latest jw friends

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Anybody have experience of taking psychedelic drugs they'd like to share?

I'm thinking of trying one day

• GabeAthouse
    GabeAthouse

LSD on 3 different occasions. Very good experience. Who you're with and the setting matters. Definitely not something to take and be in a situation with random strangers. Need to set aside a large chunk of time (12+ hours) where you wont be disturbed or have some unexpected responsibility to attend to. This was in '96 -'97 and though I had connections it was still a bit of an ordeal to obtain it compared to other substances. I've learned that the likely reason it's so difficult to find is that it takes some serious chemistry expertise and lab equipment to synthesize. Not something an amateur could do. Also it's not an experience you immediately are eager to do again. So i'd guess it has very low addiction potential and therefore low profit potential.

I was nervous the first time because of all the crazy urban legends about it. Am i gonna lose my mind? etc. But its not like that at all. You don't forget who you are or where you are. You don't see things that aren't actually there either. You just see them differently. Temporary Synesthesia is the best description I can give. I was with people who had done it before. I would recommend that if you ever get hold of some and decide to try it.

Another things is that it also sort of amplifies your current state of mind. Which is why its important to be in a relaxed setting with people you are comfortable with. Being stuck with some chatterbox would be a nightmare. Or if you had things in your mind you were worried or upset about. I'd be hesitant to do it at my current age. This was 20 something years ago when I was 22-23 and much more carefree. Now I'd be nervous that the general background anxieties of early middle age would seep through and make it an unpleasant experience.

Ecstasy a handful of times although i'm not sure if MDMA is technically considered a psychedelic. Certainly completely different than LSD. No synesthesia, just a feeling of loving everyone and boundless energy. There's a reason it was popular for raves. May still be.

• Jeremiah_Weed
    Jeremiah_Weed

Tried mushrooms for the first time last Sunday on a float trip. Amazing, highly recommend. Took 30 mins to kick in. Everything was super vivid and the water was amazing! Colors popped, fish, birds, turtles, otters, and bald eagles were way more vibrant and alive.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

.....would love to try them as well!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit