Introduction of Chapter 1 in New Boy and inside look at the world headquarters of the Jehovah's Witnesses

by new boy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Chapter 1

The Pledge

Just a few blocks from the world famous Brooklyn Bridge there is a huge four building complex. This prime piece of Brooklyn real estate built in 1926 is located at 117 Adams Street. With amazing views of lower Manhattan, the factory complex stretched from the base of the Brooklyn Bridge to base of the Manhattan Bridge. Each of these enormous buildings occupied a full New York City block. The massive buildings are connect by sky bridges so men and materials could move from one department to the next with greater ease. This was maybe the largest printing facility in the world at the time. However whether it was or not, there was no factory the world that matched this factory total production of books and magazines that were produced there every month .Every month millions of books and magazines printed in dozens of languages and then shipped out to over two hundred counties all over the world.

This was no ordinary printing facility. Some of the many things that made this factory unique was how 90% of the workers there were between the ages of nineteen and twenty four. Another thing that made this factory unusual was the fact that everyone there from the head of the factory complex Max Larson, to the young boy that cleaned the toilets James Olson, received the say pay every day. That’s right, they were paid just 73 cents a day! That didn’t go very far in New York City even in the 1970’s.

Over the years thousands of people have come from all over the world to take a tour of this unusual factory complex.

Many people who took these tours would leave the factory, shaking their heads in disbelief. Many of the jobs that were preformed there seemed insane to any normal outsider, no matter what the pay might have been.

On top of the Adam Street building were letters three feet tall, which commanded people who were passing by to, “READ GOD’S WORD THE HOLY BIBLE DAILY.” This statement wasn’t entirely true however. Of course they wanted you read the Bible, because, they were making Bibles inside their factory. However they really didn’t want you to read just any old Bible. The only Bible they said that was approved by god was the Bible they were making there, this was The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.

Yes, the green Bibles they produced there where the only ones they really wanted you to read on a daily bases and not all those other Bibles they say were influenced by uninspired translators.

• sparky1
    sparky1

May I make a suggestion? Why don't you dedicate the book to James Olson and mail a copy to each member of the Governing Body. When it is in print I would like to purchase a copy. Please let us know when it will be available. "Thinking back to old memories and wishing you could change the past." - Anonymous

• LV101
    LV101

new boy - Thanks for sharing Chapter 1. I enjoyed reading and look forward to the next one.

• Whynot
    Whynot

Nice! Very intriguing

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Interesting,and I look forward to reading more.

• new boy
    new boy

The entire book is at my editors, we are doing the final proof read. I hope to have it in print in 60 to 90 days.

The book will be dedicate to James Olson and the countless thousands who have taken their own lives because of their involvement with the Watchtower Bible and truck society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit