Sins that can burn your buns.

by James Mixon 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

If you are a believer what sins can send you to Sheol, Hades, Gehenna, Lake of fire or

Second death??? In the OT there were many but what about the NT.

One web page listed 40 sins that can send you to hell.LOL

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I hope not, or I am in deep shit!

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

A list of sins is a futile exercise. Jesus made it clear what is important:

1.Love God

2. Love your neighbor

Actions are merely a manifestation of the heart's motivation.

When I was a JW, I thought the above might be too simplistic. Now that I've given myself the time to ponder this without the background "noise" of JW interpretation, I see that it is simple, not simplistic. Not that it is always easy to live by the law if love, but when practiced it is transcendent. "Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:8

To the OP--I'd wager there won't be burned buns. "God is love."

• cofty
    cofty
    "God is love." - EOHB

So why does the natural world shriek otherwise?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

EyesOpen: "God is Love". What about one that practice sin, lets say the guy is committing adultery

and have a massive heart attack and die, his last act on this earth a sin, or someone who robbed a bank

got shot in the process and killed. A guy having sex with a sheep and die. The point their last act

before returning to dust a sin..

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

Cofty-not sure what you are asking.

James- I'm not the one to make the call on the folks you listed above. But I do believe a person who lives their life without a heart full of love departs from Gods love. And I don't believe in hellfire and damnation.

I have more thoughts, but I have a feeling you are not really interested. The OP was addressed to believers, but it seems I am the only non-atheist that wandered in.

Peace out.

• cofty
    cofty
    Cofty-not sure what you are asking.

I'm questioning your assumption that god is love in view of the evidence from the natural world.

Why did god invent viruses that can wipe out thousands of people in a few weeks?

Why did he invent parasites that eat a child's eye from the inside?

Why is it that almost every animal that has ever lived has died horribly from starvation, predation, cold, parasites or disease?

Why did he design a world that would inevitably kill millions of its inhabitants in natural disasters?

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    The more you embrace the Lord Jehalapeño, the more your buns will burn. Fear not. It is but a side effect of my unconditional spice.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

EyesOpen: I'm very interested in your thoughts. I'm not an atheist, not yet. I have had so many

discussions with ministers, my family are full of them they all believe hellfire or damnation.

But when I ask them a question that they can not answer their response, lets not discuss the

bible or they will tell me I will get back with you later.

The bible is never discussed when I'am around my non-JW family members(family gathering), but when they have a question

about the Bible they call me to see what I think.

Do you believe it's a sin to question the Bible?

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Im with freemind.......i better put on my swimming trunks....cuz im headed for that lake o fire 😂😂😈

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit