Clues for the Clueless

by kgfreeperson 8 Replies latest jw friends

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

That would be me. Clueless, that is. I got a lovely send in my inbox but I can't reply to it (I get a page not found message--same thing I get when I try to edit a post). I suspect my problem is that I have a MacIntosh (OS X) and use Netscape. But maybe not. I also can't figure out how to use chat. Is there a "how to use this system" topic that you can point me to? Or, failing that, tell me how to reply to a send? Thanks!

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Oh, and where do you get all those emoticons?

• blondie
    blondie

When you click reply, look above and find the smiley face. Click on it and a box with several choices will come up. Click on the one you want. Others are on the internet. If you see one you like posted, ask the poster where they got it.

Happy emoting

Blondie

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Argh! When I click on reply there is a row of Icons, but no smiley face. Lightbulb. Posted notice. Thumbs up, down, etc. But no smiley face. I am bereft.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Here's a good site for smilies:

http://www.mysmilies.com/

Make sure and delete the [IMG} before and after the link. Use the "Insert Picture from Web icon on the tool bar when you respond (the yellow box with a chain-link)

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

the smiley face should be right about directly above the underline option. clicking that gets you these:

edited because 5000 of those just don't line up right. ;(

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

OK. I'm on the reply page (obviously) and I'm looking at the line titled options and it says Active Topics :: Member Directory :: Search :: Chat :: Terms of Use Then the "jump to" box Then the "By posting on this forum" line Then "You have made 8 post(s) line Then icons--none of which are either a smiley face or an underline option At the bottom of the reply box the options available are check here to use HTML formatting and Automatic Cr/Lf--which is unchecked because I haven't a clue what that might mean. So am I looking in the wrong place (I am reminded of trying to reset my garage door opener by pointing it hopefully at the sensor)

• double_c
    double_c

I'm using Mozilla on Linux, which is the same engine as Netscape 7.x. I can't see the smiley icon or underline option here. Chat doesn't seem to work either, guessing the site uses some IE-only technology.

Still, you can always get by with emoticons like this =)

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Actually, I'd be happy with the ability to reply to sends (PM's?) and to edit my posts, but I couldn't figure out the smilies either. Oh, also my paragraphs get ignored. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit