Scooby Doo and the Watchtower

by Stephanus 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Filming for the Scooby Doo movie here in Oz finished recently. Original Scooby Doo plots involved a villain (ghost, monster, god, demon) spooking an area until Scooby and the gang set a trap and the villain was unmasked. The Watchtower version would have a bloke running around in a rubber mask claiming to be someone named G. Hovah, and that anyone who didn't give him all their money and time to him (via his representatives) would be doomed to die very shortly in a horrible fashion. I'm wondering who would be under the mask when Mr Hovah is finally unmasked. Any suggestions?

• philo
    philo

Stephanus, would Saddam fit the mask?

He likes to defy the international community, especially the UN. He collects enemies like they are Hornby model trains, and persecutes those he can reach, like the Kurds, even unto death. His national publicity establishes an aura for himself, which is not unlike the Governing Body's. Persecution (i.e., the gulf war) seems to shore up his regime rather than shaking it. Similarly, the WTBTS benefit from 'persecution' either way: if they stagger, this is evidence they are God's persecuted people, and if they triumph, this is evidence of God's rich blessing. Saddam's population guard their words because of informers. And dissenting JWs soon become dissenting exJWs.

There's a nice irony to Saddam, a Muslim, being the face behind the mask, because the apparently 'Christian' WTBTS actually pedals something closer to Judaism.

philo

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

"and I would've gotten away with it too...if it weren't for those meddling kids!"

"Forget the tribe, my pants have spoken."

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I wonder what the villain under the Fred Hall mask really looks like...

• TR
    TR
    I wonder what the villain under the Fred Hall mask really looks like...

"Butthead"

Under the G. Hovah mask would be a head shaped like a watchtower.

TR

"cults suck"

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

What is Scooby Doo?

I was never allowed to watch that growing up, so I have no idea.

My name is Slipnslideius Masterus: commander of the armies of the North, general of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius...

• philo
    philo

Nice one Slip,

Oh Yeah. That was demonic, right. And those Scooby snacks? Well that was ... gluttonous? LOL

• natred
    natred

i wasnt allowed to watch the a team to violent.

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Me neither...not only was it demonic, but you know that Shaggy and Scoob always had the munchies and rode around in that 'Mystery Machine'.

"Drugs are bad.....mmmmkay?"

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Me neither...not only was it demonic, but you know that Shaggy and Scoob always had the munchies and rode around in that 'Mystery Machine'.

Perhaps this was some oblique reference to the "mystery of the Trinity"... Actually I can understand the 'Tower frowning on Scooby Doo; instead of shunning the other members of the gang when they got into trouble, Shag and Scoob, even though scared out of their wits, always went back to rescue them. Talk about diametrically opposite!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit