Sale of kingdom halls

by inbetween09 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inbetween09
    inbetween09

Hi all,

we all know of kingdom halls being sold for the past few years. Recently I ran into an elder from a nearby congo, and he told me, that they were in the process of selling their hall, but sudenly it was paused, and he expressed it like the GB put a stop to all selling projects world wide.

Any of you heard about that ?

• asp59
    asp59

He's involved in wishful thinking..

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It’s kind of hard to sell a church when there is nobody allowed to go to church. All churches are rapidly moving online and selling assets. If you put something on the market for too long, it goes stale and nobody wants it because it creates the perception that something must be wrong with it.

On the other hand, the market is quickly heating up because there is a ton of cash burning holes in peoples pockets.

They are good at selling buildings, they’ve had experience with the Obama recession, they know when to hold them and when to sell them.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Probably because the WTS knows that they can get more $$$ if they wait until the Covid problem is over.

Greed is righteous.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

You'd think God would've told them to sell high right before covid, then buy back at a discount.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It would make sense that they may be putting the sale of Kingdom Halls on hold for the time being due to limited demand. I read this week that 50% of office space in Sydney CBD is currently vacant. There is discussion of rezoning to allow some to be sold off as residential. Since Kingdom Halls are built to suit commercial requirements, many would have fallen in value over the last 12 months.

It is likely Watchtower will still want to sell off more Kingdom Halls when the market turns. There has been little publisher growth, and with online meetings becoming normalised, I imagine some PIMI JWs will chose not to return to the Kingdom Hall in the future, particularly older ones. There is not going to be much need to increase the number of Kingdom Halls for some time. Hopefully, 2019 will be the year that holds the record for the most Kingdom Halls ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit