Serena Williams engaged to Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian

by ttdtt 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Wonder if Tony or Splaine will be invited to the wedding :)

I am sure it will be at her Kingdom Hall to praise her great doD Jehober.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/29/entertainment/serena-williams-engaged-alexis-ohanian/index.html

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Alexis a JW?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Technically, based up the local BOE, they "could" be married in a Kingdom Hall if they are "in good standing" even though unbaptized.

Of course one being baptized and one not would eliminate that option since then there is the "yoked with an unbeliever" teaching that is enforced.

I do recall a couple, unbaptized, married in our Kingdom Hall but both were planning on getting baptized at the next assembly and being love-bombed at the time.

But I think Serena's wedding will be a media circus, not a Kingdom Hall thing.

Rub a Dub

• NikL
    NikL

No way.

I see nothing about him being a JW.

In fact, if she IS a JW and he is NOT then the proverbial shite should hit the fan. A big no no in Watchtowerland.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

if she IS a JW and he is NOT then the proverbial shite should hit the fan.

NikL ...

No, she has never actually been baptized, as least up to this point (at least based upon reports from her congregation where she has occasionally attended).

But if both are unbaptized, write a large check, and promise to have the elder giving the talk wear a jw.org pin, then she will get whatever she wants "in the best interests of the worldwide preaching activity".

Rub a Dub

• NikL
    NikL

Be interesting if that comes to pass Ruba Dub.

My understanding it that you have to be in good standing and baptized to use the hall.

Of course, money talks :-)

• schnell
    schnell

And Twitter has been in mild uproar over a biracial relationship.

I'm happy for them! You go, Serena.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I don't believe she has been an active JW for a long time. I say good for her, she is just one of many successful people who have a JW past. She's moving on in her life without the JW constraints.

Stick it in your eye Watchtower.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Now that it has been confirmed Serena is pregnant and expecting a girl according to Venus ,i wonder if Serena is thanking Jehovah for her pregnancy as she used to thank him for her wins on the tennis courts.

I also wonder if the Governing Body of Jehovahs Witnesses are now appreciative of Serena Williams praising Jehovah for her wins now that she is an unwed woman and pregnant to an unbeliever ? or worldly person.?

Will they remain silent ?

OK , she may not be baptised ,but she has been outspoken about her beliefs and praising Jehovah her God on the world stage

and the JW religion have been silent about that

Will they remain silent ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit