Relatives Moving to England; Looking for Job

by AlanF 3 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

Howdy,

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are soon moving to England so he can pursue his Ph.D. in mathmatical physics at the Uni. in Bristol. She's going to be looking for a job in Bristol. Qualifications: Ph.D. in entomology; Post Doc work at Uni. of Arizona; worked for U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for several years; mother. Any info for newbie Americans about to live in Bristol would also be helpful.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

AlanF

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Dunno if this is what you want.

Plus jobwise,

www.fish4jobs.co.uk

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/cms.asp?Page=/Home

Ignored One.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Alan,

There are 2 universities in Bristol. The new University of the West of England and Bristol University proper. The latter is highly regarded in academic fields and is rated at about number 6 in the UK out of several hundred.

The best area in Bristol in which to live is Clifton. However, housing in the city is expensive, which is why so many workers in Bristol commute to Weston super Mare where I live, as housing costs much less. It is also easily accessible to Bristol via the motorway, a half-hours journey.

Your sister-in-law will have no difficulty in obtaining work, even if a permanent post is difficult to come by she can always do some work on a peripatetic basis via an agency such as ELS until she gets established.http://www.protocol-professional.co.uk/

Englishman.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Hey AlanF,

when are they moving there? Hubby and I will be there, well in Westin S. M., next month! The only thing we found difficult in England (after having to listen to the language real close) was learning to drive on the wrong side of the road and the wrong side of the car!!! Those "round-abouts" are no fun either!!!!

I'm sure they'll love the country. From Bristol they can look across a channel and see Wales. Very pretty area.

Hugs,

j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit