Perspective which the GBoJW should implement.

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

On 30th January 2019, the Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP (Foreign & Commonwealth Office) launched an independent review into the persecution of Christians world wide to be chaired by Philip Mountstephen - Bushop of Truro. In his address to the audience, JeremeyHunt stated...

"... freedom of worship is a fundamental human right... freedom of worship is the invisible line between open societies and closed societies.

Where freedom of worship is hampered or prevented, then usually that’s a sign of lots of other things going wrong, and we wanted to make sure that the UK is doing everything to champion the values that we all believe in."

Whilst JWs wear their invisible persecutory victim badge with pride, nevertheless they are perpetrators of heinous acts themselves. You need only disagree with them to fall victim to their coldness. They are a closed society in many respects. Indeed, within their org, lots of other things are going wrong.

I thought even this simple benchmark / paradigm of the FCO shows how wanton the GBoJW is.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Spot on NK.

If a baptised JW openly disagrees with any of the org's teachings, they can be assured that they will face strong disciplinary action intended to silence them. If they refuse to be silenced, they will permanently be cut off from all of their JW relatives and friends.

If such mandated measures aren't human rights violation, I don't what are.

Time for governments to offer the carrot or the stick to such "charitable" organizations. Money talks!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The counter argument would be that "freedom of worship" must be protected for those who choose to shun anyone who disagrees with the "church". WTS will swear that such shunning is a "personal choice".

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

DoC:

The WT tendency to shun, give "the cold shoulder" is deeply engrained. In my last three years attending meetings of JWs, I twice challenged an unannounced decision made by the local BoE which affected Bros having assignments behind the lectern. I cited and quoted WT literature and scripture forcefully. After the 2nd challenge I was approached by the CBoE who engaged in an ad hominem attack and didn't respond to the points I raised. My "friends" stopped talking to me. Despite reaching out to talk to them, they were visibly uncomfortable with my approaches. So I simply stopped attending. Stopped contributing money. Some months later I received a telephone call in the hope of the BoE paying a shepherding visit. I told him that "Jehovah is my Shepherd. I shall lack nothing".

I mention this as empirical evidence of what you say in terms of their shunning practice being intrinsic to their worship. However, their shunning preference(s) and the ease with which they use it is demonstrative of a propensity to scatter rather than gather. Scatttering, is not a feature of Christianity. This, and other nihilistic behaviours are contributing to the shrinkage of the org in the developed world. GOOD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit