Loving God with all your heart?

by bebu 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bebu
    bebu

A few thoughts...

Dt. 6:5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength (also Matt. 22:37)

Psalm 16:2: I said to the LORD, you are my Lord, I have no good apart from you.

Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Question: How can the dubs look at these verses, and still insist that God meant for the vast majority of people to live in a "paradise" away from the "Desire of their heart"? Isn't the LORD the Desire of our heart, if we are obeying the command to love Him with all our heart, soul, and strength?

PS 42:2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?

PS 27:4

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

David wrote the above. How is it that God would not allow him to be in heaven, but consign him to "paradise" earth?

The whole teaching sounds like idolatry: replacing God with what is a pious fantasy. No wonder there are so many hurting hearts in JW-dom.

bebu

• Satanus
    Satanus

What if the jewish god is also a pious fantasy?

• bebu
    bebu

(...In that case, fantasy is much better than reality!

And if Christ is alive then the whole of reality is simply fantastic. )

• Satanus
    Satanus

'In that case, fantasy is much better than reality'

Yah, but it's some other groups fantasy. It came from barbaric semi-schitzoid paranoiac nomadic tribes of 3000 yrs ago. Surely we can create better fantasies than that. Or better yet, undertake our own spiritual quests.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit