Haemaphilliac Doctor talks of JW neighbours cruelty

by Diogenesister 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I got my fingers burnt last time I copied a post from reddit, but this one made me so mad I had to show you guys. I think its possible that the witnesses antagonism was exaggerated in his child's mind, never-the-less any nastiness to a sick child is beyond the pale. The hospital I trained in lost nearly every last one of its 500 haemaphilliacs to AIDs - I think around 30 survived from this era.
    http://www.modernluxury.com/san-francisco/story/when-doctors-need-doctors-after-dodging-death-sentence-looking-cure

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"Jehovah’s Witnesses who actually believed that people who get transfusions are going to hell. They ridiculed me on the bus, and they spat in our faces when we opened the front door."

Yeah, sure! Has all the ring of truthfullness to it.

• Tricked
    Tricked
    Whatever you say about Witnesses at least they are always respectful to outsiders. I, too, think that his child's mind has exaggerated his experience. Although, if it was perhaps a witness-child(ren) that had acted like this towards him, due to listening to their parents views on blood then I could definitely imagine this happening. I was always shocked at some of the things that I would hear Witness kids say, just seemed rude.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I think you are probably right Tricked, very much sounds like children.Nevertheless as you pointed out these kids got their info from somewhere.
  • carla
    carla

"Whatever you say about Witnesses at least they are always respectful to outsiders."- you have got to be kidding?!

As for saying the jw's think people go to hell that doesn't surprise me at all, non jw's get confused with jw doctrines and often will say a jw thinks everybody will go to hell but them. They do not understand that jw's do not believe in hell but rather soul sleep and simply getting extinguished at the big A if you are not good enough. Even after explaining that jw's do not believe in hell the non jw will ask something like, "well, where do they think you go after you die? what happens to you (meaning your soul)?" and "well, if there is no hell then they can just do whatever they want, right?"

After 100+ years of knocking on peoples doors you would think they could have at least got this one concept across to the public. But they don't, they hide that at the doors if possible because many people do believe that something continues on after death, not just a memory of you in which jah will clone you or re-create you. It is a deal breaker for many if they knew that off the bat when talking to a jw at the door and I believe jw's know that and that is why so few understand what jw's believe.jw's are not honest at the doors.

If jw's were honest at the doors it would go like this-

"Hi, we are jw's and we want you to join our organization. The following will be required of you-

You must believe all things from our gov body without question

You will not celebrate any holidays, ever

You will not vote

You will be prepared to commit suicide if necessary by not accepting blood

You will be prepared to kill your children by not accepting blood

You will put aside any thoughts of having a soul that continues after death

You will treat others who are df'd with contempt even if you do not know what they did to deserve being df'd

You will dress and wear your hair according to what our gb tells us is appropriate

You will have sex in only gb approved ways

You may not join a YMCA

You will attempt to restrict your friendships to jw's

You will go to all meetings to prove your spirituality

You will keep up with our ever changing doctrines and practices

You will spend every Saturday knocking on peoples doors and try to get them to join our org and you will keep a record of this activity and turn it in on a timely basis.

You will not be allowed to talk to Jesus, if you have previously been prone to pray to Jesus you will cut it out immediately! That is strictly prohibited.

Now this just a start, after 6 months or more of studying with us you must get baptized, then we can use your baptism as a weapon to control you and your family. You will also learn many other doctrines we believe and you must believe wholeheartedly and without question. So how about it? would you like to join our organization?"

Now that would be an honest presentation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ carla...

Hell, North Korea is more honest about their internal policies. :smirk:

• cha ching
    cha ching
    Thx Digenes, that was a great article, I LOVE how that kid grew up to be a doctor, and wants to help change the world for the better! What would we do without them! Thx again!
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Most adult Witnesses would probably know not to say such things, but I can imagine children saying this, they don't know to hide what they really believe from non JW's. Obviously they didn't say he would go to hell, but they probably did say he would be destroyed by God at Armageddon, to a child not familiar with Watchtower theology, it probably sounded like the same thing.

I doubt he imagined the whole thing because how would he know how JWs feel about transfusions otherwise?

• steve2
    steve2

I grew up next door to Jehovah’s Witnesses who actually believed that people who get transfusions are going to hell. They ridiculed me on the bus, and they spat in our faces when we opened the front door. I was between three and nine years old when these people were really accosting my family, and it was one of the most directly confrontational experiences that I’ve ever had. To this day, I’ve never encountered so much bias and irrationally steadfast antagonism about a person doing what he needs to do to stay alive. -

So, we are expected to believe: JWs condemned to hell those who had blood transfusions, ridiculed "me", "spat in our faces when we opened the front door" and "accost[ed] my family".

Is this set of allegations a literal or figurative account. Now I have heard of householders spitting on JWs but I have never ever heard of JWs engaged in their door-to-door work spitting on householders when they opened the door.

Those are extremely serious allegations about JWs verbal and physical behaviors.

If JWs of whatever age actually engaged in those sorts of behaviors, their own religious organization would investigate and if proven, condemn those sorts of behaviors.

Because we are ex-JWs doesn't mean it is "open season" on them and that any and every allegation is actually true or founded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit