"mum, i been naughty, i'm disfellowshipped."

by Sabin 21 Replies latest jw friends

• just fine
    just fine

Atonement- are you kidding me???? You think shunning isn't as bad as some people on this board make it out to be......... Why don't you talk to one of my young relatives whose parents have done terrible things to him/her and haven't spoke to him/her since he/she was df'd. It's a terribly cruel thing to do to a young person. Hell I'm not even Df'd and my siblings haven't spoken to me in years.

Sabin - I hope your daughter can see tatt before she goes back.

• azor
    azor

Atomant. Tell that to my family who avoid me like the plague. I've been there for every one of my siblings and their children throughout my entire life.

I'm not DF'd or DA'd. Had a party for my son finishing his chemo treatment for leukemia and they didn't even respond to my open invite.

• Sabin
    Sabin

Lisa rose, i got the first book, brilliant read but had forgotten bout the 2nd. I'll get it. Thanks for the reminder.

JKR, yes that is a good idea i'll use that if anyone dares to speak to me.

you know what your supposed to do but in the moment emotions run away, i think that worries me more then anything. It is getting her to separate God from the Borg. That is what my husband reckons the biggest prob is. He said last night these idiots think if you speak against the WTBTS then you speak against God they have put the society above God, Jesus & the bible so rank & file follow what they say without question, without research, without even thought. I did that. I was an idiot & i'm no afraid to admit it.

• Sabin
    Sabin

Azor, that is horrible. What a wicked bunch. Flowers for you, & a hug.

• brandnew
    brandnew

Awwww sabin.......just do what you do.......and be a mom.

Hugs n stuff

• atomant
    atomant
    All l said was its not as bad as made out.The shunning caper.Some shun more than others.Horses for courses.But yes they are a pack of shunners.Sorry if l upset anyone.lve given myself a kick in the back side.
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    Atomant no offense taken we all have different experiences & feel differently about them one day then another. No need to kick yourself.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

I was never baptized and my JW family never talk to me except when someone dies. I guess that's considered 'necessary family matters'.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Sabin...

She didn't have sex with the guy, and they still DFed her? That's f**ked up.

I think it's pretty clear they don't want her around.

Maybe invite her to come stay with you guys for a while, explain that to her, and ask her why she would want to go where she isn't wanted.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The shunning so often talked about on this site isnt as bad as its made out to be.

There speaks someone without experience of shunning. Yes, it is as bad as is described. Don't kid yourself. It has obviously not happened to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit