No Birthday cards

by Xanthippe 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

So no cards again yesterday from my daughter's uncle and aunts, my JW siblings, for her 21st Birthday. 😀 No I didn't expect any but I just wonder if they even know she's twenty-one now. Do her cousins, one of whom has a baby of his own now? She couldn't come home from uni because It's a long way and she has finals in two weeks so she celebrated with her friends and when she comes home in May we are going on holiday together.

She'll be getting her head back in her books today. I missed her yesterday but I'm okay with it, I'm glad she wants to get a good degree, she's worked hard enough. Anyway there's presents here from my friend and my cousin waiting for her and she took away gifts from her grandparents last time she was home. That's it really, thanks for listening. I don't feel sorry for myself by the way, I'm just sharing. I'm glad she can celebrate her Birthday AND go to university!

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky
    I'm five days too late posting this but give her a big happy birthday from the forum!
  • stillin
    stillin
    What aboveus said. Tell her Stillin says Happy Birthday!
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I'm sending warmest felicitations to your daughter. Congratulations to you on encouraging her education and celebrating her life. You had a huge bully discouraging both.
  • zeb
    zeb

I never got a birthday card from any family only mum and dad. and the family were not jw just lousy!

So many congrats to your daughter..

Live long and prosper.. 

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Oh thank you I didn't realise there were replies on here, you're all very kind.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Congrats to you Xanthippe keeping her out of the JW life and in a university! Good job.

At 21 she is still your little girl.........enjoy her growing maturity and accomplishments in the coming years.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thank you Giordano. I can look back at all the mistakes I made, pioneering for years and making myself ill, but at least I got out in time to raise my daughter outside of the cult and give her a normal life. If I do nothing else for the rest of my life I achieved that.

I've learnt so much from her you know. She's taught me what it's like to grow up normally, make friends at school and be interested in the world instead of being afraid of it. She's always accepted people for what they are but she's not naive. I am enjoying watching her grow, you're right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit