Is Silent Lambs and Bill Bowen still relevant?

by HappyDad 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

When I joined this forum in 2004, Silent Lambs was a very important venue for those who suffered the crime of child abuse in the Jehovah's Witness religion. Bill Bowen was instrumental in exposing a lot of the cover up along with Barbara Anderson. I was wondering if Silent Lambs is still relevant and does it still help abuse victims?

Since that time, so much more has come out about the issue as we can see by the multitude of lawsuits brought against the Watchtower and local Kingdom Halls and specific individuals.

Can anyone bring us up to date regarding this?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

This is Barbara Anderson's new website.

https://watchtowerdocuments.org

If you do a Google search for it the link takes you to an odd place, so beware.

I wonder how much time the authorities will have for child abuse issues? Their resources may be stretched by the riots.

• minimus
    minimus

Boy, he was the rage for quite a while. Yeah, what happened to him??

• was a new boy
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door

Bill was a pillar in the ExJW scene for many many years and no reason not to still consider him so. He helped a lot of people.

Like every prominent ExJW he came with his controversies. It really doesn't bother me.

Bill and those like him can not carry the torch forever. They blazed a trail. It's up to younger generations to pick up the ball. And they are.

I find satisfaction seeing these hard ballers fade away out of the limelight. It means they are probably completely free from the dark shadow the Watchtower cast over our/their lives.

An Ex ExJW is to me one of life's greatest accomplishments.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

girl next door:

Very, very well put 🙌

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(Following!)

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

silentlambs goes green with a facelift

https://www.silentlambs.com

• minimus
    minimus

All I know is Simon Green is still relevant.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bill and his work, along with that of Barbara, and others, will always be relevant as long as the paedophile Problem of J.W Org remains. And it does remain. Despite their having to pay out huge sums in compensation they HAVE NOT CHANGED !!!

They have not instituted a proper active programme that will protect the Vulnerable, children and other vulnerable ones are as much at Risk within the Org as they ever were.

Keep up your good work, Bill, and all others involved ! Victims need support and love, and we need to keep fighting until the J.W Org does the morally right thing and makes sure no other child or vulnerable person can be Raped and Sodomised, or mentally Tortured or Physically Beaten in their despicable Organisation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit