New ANTI-GAY video for Kids on jw.org

by ttdtt 234 Replies latest jw experiences

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

I bet they will play this in the KH soon. I forsee some of the bro's squirming in their seats. I suspect one of being gay, so I will keep an eye on him. Ex-bethelite sort, came home for "undisclosed" reasons...

Also, the ending is horrible...nothing is mentioned about the actual Bible. It's paradise, animals (gag), ect. What a load of crock to be teaching little kids so young and innocent :(

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

New ANTI-GAY video for Kids

It's not that bad.

Figure it this way: when gay/bisexual JWs get older, there are plenty of gay videos/DVDs that they can watch, or look at via the internet.

Interwebs 1, Watchtower nil ...

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

"I wouldn't describe this as inciting hate"

It is inciting self-hate for the gay person watching the video. Anybody who identifies as gay in the organization and views this video just has their self hated reinforced, so it incites hate in that way.

LRG

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

When the mother gives the reasons it has to be one man and one woman, it seems to be all about getting in to the paradise. So you have to be straight because Jehovah says so or he'll kill you. Is that what they've come down to, not even trying to think of a reason? What a tyrant they worship and profess to love.

Poor little girl being expected to tell her school friend that she shouldn't have gay parents, no pressure then. Poor JW kids. It was bad enough being a little girl being made to sit outside school assembly or refuse to make Xmas cards. Now these kids are being encouraged to take part in what could in the UK be interpreted as a hate incident.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Hate doesn't have to be an act of aggression. It doesn't often start out that way. Hate can be looking down on someone else as different.  In fact, once you start labeling people as different and separating them out, they start to become less human and hate can fester later. As I pointed out earlier in what was really being said, that's a hateful message that will be put together bit by bit as those kids grow up.

And from my experience, JW homeschooling is an absolute joke. I watched my sister go through a program that was so simple in high school that I thought it was for grades K-5. How can uneducated people educate their children? Go somewhere like on JWtalk and peruse their forum on the subject. Those idiots can barely string together a coherent sentence and they're now teaching their kids. They use field service and theocratic activities as schooling. It is ridiculous. My own wife never graduated because her parents home schooled her and then discouraged her from spending time on it. The JW view of education is deplorable, and hiding their kids in a box only sets them up for failure.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    "I wouldn't describe this as inciting hate"

So I guess you have to view it as if you are a Same Sex couple. How do you think it would make you feel?
    Feel like God just loves the crap out of you? And that JW are so loving?

I don't think so.

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    Ugh...they are getting more and more ridiculous with these kids videos. Let ppl live their lives! I knew a few gay/lesbian kids in my home cong when coming up. They really struggled to conform to the jw way and eventually left the jws and good for them. No one should have to change their life for gb/j-god. You don't have to agree with ppls choices, but it would be nice to respect them. I have a lot of gay/lesbian relatives as well and I'm sure they would find this offensive on so many levels. They are so out of touch with reality it's sad. And I didn't even touch on the manipulation of Sophia going on in this video 😡
  • sir82
    sir82

In the south of the USA, JWs practiced official racial segregation in their congregations until the 1970's in some places.

The JWs are ending up on the wrong side of history yet again. They will change only when societal pressure forces them to, again.

Look for brilliant flashes of "new light" coming "very soon now".

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Here's another piece that I haven't seen talked about yet...

So this pre-pubescent kid goes back to school and advises the other kid (who is grateful to be adopted and loved) that God hates her family. Non-JW kid tells her friends and teacher. The classmates tell their parents and the teacher tells the administrators. Parents who understand and teach tolerance without judgement tell their kids to avoid the crazy JW kid who says everyone but JWs will be dead after Armageddon. JW kid gets thrown under the proverbial bus by peers, teachers and administrators.

JW kid now has no friends or sincere support from the school because of the ruckus caused and so mom and dad point at others and teach the JW kid that they're experiencing classic JW persecution. The behaviors of appalled non-JWs are then inaccurately perceived by the JW child for years afterwards.

This video can only serve to ruin potential friendships for JW kids who are already set apart.

To me, that is the sickest component of all.

• cofty
    cofty
    I watched the video. I didn't see any hate. What did I miss?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit