New ANTI-GAY video for Kids on jw.org

by ttdtt 234 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    dubstepped said it all. That is HOW it should have been portrayed. The reality!
  • Gefangene
    Gefangene
    Dubstepped pls excuse the "dislike" on your posting. I wanted to hit "like" and I accidentally hit dislike by mistake. Great thoughts!
  • scotsman
    scotsman
    Is it saying gay people are like bombs? Or maybe we're just like a large can of shaving gel?
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

That was awful, I hope this one bites them in the ass like the Noah one! Sick!

What happened in regard to the Noah Video? I hadn't heard anything about that.

I think JW's would probably call this a "Pro Hetro Marriage video" rather than an "Anti-Gay Marriage Video".

I can't help but notice how the messages in these videos are way too obvious "on the nose".  Everything they support is portrayed in a hyper-idealistic way. The homes are as neat as a pin and nicely decorated, the Dad's are always handsome and strapping and the moms are always pretty and feminine and the kids are cute, chipper and easy to reason with.

Did you notice that in the idealistic "paradise scene", the boys jumping into the water were wearing shirts? Wouldn't want to anyone to get the wrong idea by showing boys swimming immodestly without their shirts on. Even the most subtle detail is covered by their calculated message.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    steve2: Given the sheer number of gay and lesbian individuals "produced" in JW marriages, this is indeed rich in irony.

And, we should not forget that the witnesses say that same sex attracted people can 'change.' But the evidence is that they do not change, they merely live a life of deceit, attempting to be 'straight.' Ask the wives (or, former wives) of so many people who tried to 'change' in the watchtower way. These sad guys do not experience heterosexual sexual attraction. They are the victims of christian fraud (the JWs are not the only christian group who make this claim).

The second false claim in the above video, is that God created humans, "male and female." Simplistic thinkers like the witnesses think that having a penis or vagina, makes you male of female. But the reality is that sex and gender (two different things) is much more complex than that.

All humans born of women (and that includes the historical Jesus) started life in a form that can be described as gender neutral, or even female. Take a look at the following 2 videos to glimpse reality and not the fake social construction foisted on the poor bloody kids in the above JW video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Kdoja3hlk

And, as for women (and the so-called womanly virtues in the fake 'christian' social construction) they too are very different to the image of women in the above video, as the following video will demonstrate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4LbOnkakjA

The reality of human life, contrasted with the fake social construction taught by the witnesses, tells us something else. It tells us why the witnesses discourage tertiary (university) education. Never let the facts spoil a fictional story.

One last thing: There were many males in ancient Israel who were prepared to have sex with other men. Open your bibles children and turn to 1 Kings 14:24:

And there were also sodomites in the land. (KJV):

An interesting story, because a more accurate translation is that they were male temple prostitutes. So now we have a mental picture of many small temples across Israel, and inside you could find a man prepared to have sex with another man. Now prostitutes have customers, so we may imagine a number of visitors each day to each of these temples and inside an (unknown) number of 'male temple prostitutes' all offering an exalted spiritual experience through their sexual skills. Not quite what the WTS teaches about ancient Israel.

Viewed from that perspective, the description of David at 1 Samuel 18:1 take on a special poignancy:

1Now it came about when he had finished speaking to Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as himself.

Now jump across to 2 samuel 1: 26:

How I weep for you, my brother Jonathan! Oh, how much I loved you! And your love for me was deep, deeper than the love of women! (NLT)

or this version:

English Standard Version : I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; very pleasant have you been to me; your love to me was extraordinary, surpassing the love of women.

Faced with this information, how can anyone argue that the relationship between the younger David and the older Jonathon, did not have a sexual connection?

It may distress some whose minds refuse to accept the evidence to think of David ( a type of Jesus) kissing Jonathon, but however much conservative Christians may try to argue it away, the evidence stares us in the face, since in the ancient world the older usually penetrated the younger, we must imagine Jonathon penetrating David (likely not just once, but a number of times), and providing such a memorable experience that David never forgot how wonderful his love affair with Jonathon was.

Now lets skip through the centuries to the time of King James himself,

King James I

as I'm sure everyone knows, James set up a committee and personally presided at many of its meetings to produce a new translation o the Bible, a translation that had a marked affect on the English language, and is particularly liked by many modern Christians.

I find it also poignant that James (even though married with children) preferred to have sex with men. In a different world arrangement his Royal partner would have been a male.

Here's a quote from a web-site on the British Royal family:

He also sought solace with extravagant and unsavoury male favourites ( http://www.britroyals.com/kings.asp?id=james1 )

I'm not sure about the judgemental statements evident in the word unsavoury. The English nobility could likely be said to have been 'unsavoury.'

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

"And after you tell her about the Paradise, be sure to tell her that if her mommies don't change, they'll die at Armageddon! Share the fear!"

• Heaven
    Heaven

Is this JW video available on YouTube? I don't like going to jw dot Borg.

And remember, Paul, Christianity's foundational figure, circumcised his adult male friend Timothy. We all know the ancient Jewish circumcision technique, right...right?

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

@1:55 "...people can change!" I'm sure LGBT would all agree with that statement.

And what would she tell her classmate? The paradise, the animals (everyone gets a pet panda), and the resurrection. Hmmmm....nothing about God killing her moms first? I wonder why not?

• wifibandit
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Carrie will obviously drop her moms like carry on luggage. So clear and clever. In this case carry on would become carrion. Ba Dum Tish!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit