New ANTI-GAY video for Kids on jw.org

by ttdtt 234 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

ttdtt - Are you serious?

The OT and the NT judge homosexuality. Paul says homosexuals won't inherit the kingdom. Are you seriously suggesting the WT could get away with permitting gay sex?

10% of all mammals exhibit homosexual or bisexual activity

Only humans and domestic sheep display lifelong homosexual preference even when hetrosexual sex is available.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

The message is not as shocking/suprising as the medium. Simple as that. A kids cartoon promoting your fundie ideals. We all know the score on religion and homosexuality. Playing it out in a cartoon they deserve severe scrutiny

Illustrating the taking of a child's natural tendency to accept someone and teaching them how to discriminate instead. They have played out the awfulness of religion in detail.

• cofty
    cofty

dubstepped - Did you read Steve2's comments?

He self-identifies as a gay man.

"It's clearly NOT a hateful video. The adjective "hateful" has become an over-used word to describe anyone who dares disagree with you on a sensitive issue." - Steve2

I looked it up and hate speech is speech that offends, insults, or threatens groups, based on things such as sexual orientation. I'm pretty sure that most gay people would be offended at that video.

Taking offense doesn't count. It is a cowardly way to shut down conversation.

• scotsman
    scotsman
    When are you coming to Edinburgh for that pint Cofty?
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

One more time. The message is not as shocking/suprising as the medium

This has gone off course the title of the op is not anti gay video its anti gay video for kids. FOR KIDS

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Adam & Steve

ThanksĀ BeerMoneyB!

• cofty
    cofty
    When are you coming to Edinburgh for that pint Cofty? - Scotsman

I was in Edinburgh yesterday. Thought you had gone AWOL from the forum.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Freemindfade, even though the message is aimed to children in our wonderfully tolerant society where great work is done for LGTD and for all members of minority groups young children should not be subjected to such judgemental condoning vitriol, I know radicalised groups from any belief system cant be seen to be condoning a homosexual lifestyle so why didn't they simply steer clear of the subject? It has caused far more damage than they could ever imagine.
  • scotsman
    scotsman
    I was in Edinburgh yesterday. Thought you had gone AWOL from the forum.

I'm not the most frequent poster but the gay threads always warm my heart. Too bad this thread wasn't a day earlier, maybe another time.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Yeah, great idea WT, pressure children into judging their classmate's sinful god-displeasing artwork, and then telling them so. I can see that working out for the JW kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit