Bethelities, GB field service?

by James Mixon 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    The time they actually spend knocking on doors and cart work???
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Back when brothers worked saturdays, they were expected to go out on their saturday off and sundays. I imagine it's still the same. Gotta go out saturday mornings and i'm guessing there is a lot of pressure for sunday too.

GB, from what I personally observed, did the same. The infirm ones would get driven around to go on return visits.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Barrold Bonds: Sorry I was asking you Bethlities, how much time do the GB spend in service.

I know you guys get your time in, but the GB would you say 10 hrs. a month or more?

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

I would say probably 10. The GB now are all relatively in decent health so they'd be expected to do the 10 hour grind.

I'm not there now so I'm just going by what I saw.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious
    i used to be one and the expectation , to be in good standing, is minimum 10 hours. Not achieving 10hrs means service office will have a chat with you on why you can not achieve this.
  • matt2414
    matt2414
    I remember Bethel elders used to count time giving public talks, talks on assemblies, informal witnessing and maybe a Bible study with an inactive person to get their 8-10 hours a month. It wasn't very substantial for "minister" in "full-time" service.
  • fulano
    fulano
    All legal. Every elder counts his 45 min pt. I used to see Pierce in the Bossart library having two bible studies on saturday afternoons. He was a nice easy guy, liked to chat about everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit