Suppose I ought to introduce myself.....

by Andy Dufresne 21 Replies latest jw friends

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Welcome Andy! Congrats on your slow fade!
  • stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    Love the username! Shawshank is one of my favorite movies ever!
  • JRK
    JRK

Andy, welcome!

I will meet you in Mexico when I get out.

JK

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hey Andy, welcome. Love your username too. Many parallels in religion, jobs, life to the Shawshank Redemption. It is one of my all time fave movies.

Andy Dufresne: [in letter to Red] Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Red: I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

Edited to add: Sorry, I meant to ask you, was there one thing that woke you up or a bunch of things and if so what are/were they?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Welcome, love your story

• steve2
    steve2

You have taken a nice, steady, respectful approach and it has "paid off" in your not being D/fd - but have you been "marked" as bad association? If not, it certainly shows the variations in elders' responses from congregation to congregation.

I've known Witnesses who have faded, not at all been questioning the organization, just lost interest and who have been marked as "bad associations".

I love your reference to giving an "anti-witness" to those who aren't witnesses. I've met a handful of people in recent months who either have Bible Studies with the Witnesses or who have them call regularly - and they have been very receptive to news media articles on the Australian Royal Commission of Inquiry that has included the jw organization.

It will be great to have your participation on the forum as and when you can.

• naazira
    naazira
    Hi Andy! I'm Red! :D
  • scary21
    scary21

Welcome, great post!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome Andy! You've done well so far. It's no easy journey but for some of us we do not have a choice no matter the difficulties.

It's great to have you here. Thank you for sharing your story. Many will read it and understand.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hi Andy!!welcome!So hope your boy chooses life!oh, by the way..

Can ya do my tax returns for me?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit