Follow to previous post,re:My niece

by Captain Schmideo2 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

A few weeks back, I posted this:
    https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6246845349625856/never-thought-would-see-this-my-family-circle

So, in latest developments:
    There was a court hearing, in which a continuance was granted for two weeks, as my BIL has pleaded Not Guilty. Which is, in my opinion, very bad legal advice from his lawyer. With the recorded testimony my niece has given, plus the records of the photo evidence of her injuries, I don't think whatever he will have to present will be seen as very believable. I get the vibe that his testimony will ultimately be that whatever happened, it was because her "bad behavior" provoked it.
    (The bad behavior in question was getting involved with a "worldly boy" as her boyfriend")

She had be very reticent with me regarding the events of that night, but she provided me a detail that just floored me and made me sick to my stomach. That attack was so violent on her, that my sister had get a belt and start whipping on her husband's back to make him stop hurting his daughter, who he had on the floor. Jee-zus!
    That little detail is going to absolutely require confirmation or denial from my sister, since she had a very active part in those events.
    My niece believes that her mom is being coached or coerced into playing along with this charade, but that that the cracks in her resolve may be forming. Mother and daughter are now on speaking terms again, after weeks of silence, and I think (I hope) that my sister is seeing the wrongness of what was done to her. I hope.

Meanwhile, my niece tonight gets to do something that is part of normal behavior for a young woman:she is going to the Homecoming dance at her school, with her beau.
    She sent me pictures, and they were heartbreaking. She is growing up to be such a beautiful young woman, and her young man looks very handsome and well dressed. It also emphasizes how old I am getting, and as I reflect back on all those activities that were denied to me because a bunch of childless old effers in Brooklyn deemed them as "bad". My sister and her husband, by their boneheaded beliefs and actions, have denied themselves a joyful event in their lives based on those idiotic rules.
    Another plus. In talking with her, she said that someone from her hall had reached out to her, asking about her well-being, and (of course) inviting to take her to the meetings. I asked her if she was going to go, and she said "I don't really feel comfortable going right now. I'm kind of questioning everything after how my dad is acting. I'm not trying to be a rebel child...I just don't truly understand how someone could this plead not guilty and then do a Bible reading at the hall."
    It was all I could do to restrain myself from telling her some things. All I could do was reply "I can see how that would be very disturbing and disquieting.."

More to follow, I am sure.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Thanks for sharing Captain. I am very interested in how all this works out. This kind of stuff is pretty common in JW families for the born-ins. I went through it. No one but an emotionally shut-down drone can live the life that the WT demands of others.

My dad started trying to get rid of me around age 15. I was asking the wrong questions. He would put all the contents in my room on the front lawn if I went to visit other kids in the neighborhood. It is a miserable existence.

• DarleneGatus
    DarleneGatus

Thanks for sharing Captain and Sea Breeze. Such a low standard for behavior within the family! No wonder two-thirds of the young people end up leaving! There need to be more support groups to help sufferers get over this trauma... Thoughts and prayers for healing and wellness.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Support groups! Great idea. I would open my home to have this here. PM me if you are in northern Illinois, or Chicagoland.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Biahi

Are you anywhere near Lombard Ill?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Yes, 3 towns over. About 15 minutes.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well if you are looking for fellowship, you might want to try a Bible Student Church in Lombard. They are open to JWs and Ex-JWs

Address: 535 E Maple St, Lombard, IL 60148, United States
    You can check them out at https://bbschurch.org/
    I co-authored a paper on 'The Rich Man and Lazarus' with one of the elders there (Larry Urbaniac)
  • Biahi
    Biahi

I will check it out, thanks! 😀🙏

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

A similar incident (sans the legal trappings)

A JW I knew a long time ago, once went to serve a greater need in a tropical paradise called New Caledonia.

Another family (also from Australia) had a daughter. The daughter and a young local boy began showing an interest in each other - absolutely normal, I think you'd agree, But daddy wasn't happy about it.

So one morning, at the congregation meeting for field service (this is back in the days, when that meeting was for 20-30 minutes)

Not sure, why (maybe these two kids smiled at each other), but daddy lost his cool and started beating his daughter so viciously that the other brothers at the meeting physically intervened and held him down to stop the attack.

Very upbuilding (or entertaining, depending on your viewpoint) for a FS meeting.

True story! My friend, who later married that girl, told me the story, when daddy became a circuit overseer (in Australia) and was giving a talk on being a good parent (training the next generation-haha) at a circuit assembly.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    she is going to the Homecoming dance at her school, with her beau.

Wonderful! I'm so happy for her! It's such a wonderful age and absolutely tragic her parents are too brainwashed to share in that joy.

There is no excuse for that level of violence. He's loosing control and he cannot abide that. Captain please drop her any info you can....I know you want to make sure you don't alienate her, though, you're being a wonderful uncle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit