Scientology Expose: Katie Holmes & Leah Remini are each the cover story for celebrity mags (People & in Touch)

by Faithful Witness 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Side by side, on the grocery store magazine display, I saw two celebrity magazines with cover stories about Scientology. I purchased both. I find it interesting, how similar this "church" is to the organization of the Watchtower.

I thought I'd share some of the interesting quotes from the articles, which are both mostly about Leah Remini's new book, Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology. Neither magazine's website seems to be featuring these stories now, (and I find myself wondering why I can't find them).

-----------------

From the cover of People Magazine (November 16, 2015):

(I found a cover image available on this blog, but couldn't find it on the People website) http://tvnewsandviews.com/2015/11/04/people-magazine-november-16-2015-leah-remini-my-escape-from-scientology/

Leah Remini: My Escape from Scientology

• Cleaning hotel rooms for the church as a child
    • Grueling interrogations and fears for her family
    • Punished for disrupting Tom & Katie's wedding
    • PLUS Explosive new details from her tell-all book Troublemaker

From the 5-page article in People:

- "Everything happened slowly. Your indoctrination happens over a lifetime." (she was brought to Scientology by her mother at age 8. When Leah left Scientology, her family left with her).

- From a conversation Leah had with Nicole Kidman's children, Bella and Connor Cruise:

"How's your mom? Do you see her a lot?" she asked the kids.

"Not if I have a choice," Bella who was then 13, said, according to Remini. "She's a f---ing SP." (A "suppressive person" is someone viewed as hostile to the church).

- Leah: "In Scientology, there is no middle ground, so unless I was willing to leave my mother, my sister, my brother-in-law and all my friends, I had no other choice."

- When Leah finally reached her breaking point, she was "terrified that her husband, mom and other family members would have to 'disconnect' from her -- a practice of cutting off contact from someone declared hostile to Scientology."

Reactions from the church to her claims:

"It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini with an insatiable craving for attention would exploit her former faith as a publicity stunt," the church said in a statement, adding that she was "on the verge of being expelled for her ethical lapses," and detailing her alleged lies and misdeeds in statements on its website http://www.scientologynews.org/statements/abc-news/church-of-scientology-statement-leah-remini.html

This is one difference between the Watchtower and Scientology. Scientology publishes statements in response to those who challenge them.

-------------------

From the cover of inTouch Magazine (November 16, 2015):

(I haven't been able to find an image of this cover online, or any reference to it on intouchweekly.com)

Katie's Revenge on Tom

She humiliates him: marriage and Scientology secrets finally revealed

• His meltdowns over cookie dough and a chipped mug!
    • Why baby Suri was left crying on the bathroom floor
    • Leah Remini joins Katie in exposing Tom's bizarre world

"Katie has been muzzled by her divorce agreement with Tom and has been forced to stay silent for years," says a source. "So speaking out now is huge."

The inTouch article, is mostly about Leah's book, but it does include an apology statement that Katie issued to Leah, and this statement from a Scientology insider: "Tom is furious with Katie because he knows, and the church knows, that she has a nondisclosure agreement. Katie agreed not to spill any secrets."

Some interesting highlights they share from Leah's book:

• Leah claims Tom doesn't like John Travolta and Kirstie Alley.
    • Tom had a fit over cookie dough, berating a female assistant for improperly preparing a batch of cookie dough for him to bake with friends. "Get in the f---ing present time!" Leah says he screamed.
    • ... and over a chipped mug: "You served me tea in a chipped mug? f---ing DB." - derogatory Scientology term that stands for "Degraded Being."
    • Sea Org guarded Tom's house, "to make sure nothing upset Tom, and if it did, to immediately report it to the church, specifically to (leader) David Miscaviage."
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I'm reading Leah Remini's book right now and I definitely can understand her feelings as if it she were talking about JW's. Their terms may be different but the way they handle things are very similar.

At one point in her book she talks about comforting another "SP"(apostate) and how unlike most people, she understood her pain and what they had put her through. To explain it to someone outside the church would take months, and if you were to explain it to someone inside the church they probably wouldn't care, wouldn't want to hear about it, and would most likely write you up in a knowledge report for even discussing it."

That sure reminded me of what I went through.

• mrmagic
    mrmagic
    Thanks for posting this. It is interesting to see the same patterns in other cults like Scientology and Seventh-Day Adventism. I've even seen it in business corporations (MLM's)
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Seems the more fundamentally wrong a religion is, the more batshit crazy it acts.

Sometimes, I think militant religious leaders acts so f**king crazy towards dissenters because - on some level - they themselves know it's all wrong, and just can't deal with it.

• NeedToKnow
    NeedToKnow

I've been watching Leah's docos and I can't help noticing the similarities between CS and WTS. Although CS goes far and beyond WTS in the way they go about their doctrines. But they use the same tactics to differing degrees. However, seen as WTS claims to be the true religion with God as its highest authority and CS looks to aliens and the stars, I think WTS is worse for that fact when they should be better.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I've been keeping up with Leah Remini from the beginning of her TV program. Since L. Ron Hubbard started all of this back in the early 1950's, I can't help think that he took JW doctrine and beliefs and twisted a lot of it to fashion his own religious cult.

Has anyone else noticed the similarities?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit