The 1 Corinthians 13 Test

by truth_b_known 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I will not take credit for the following. The idea came to me during a funeral (non-JW). The so of the deceased read 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a. The son then read it, but changed the word "love" to his father's name. That gave me an idea...

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. It does not brag, does not get puffed up, 5 does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. 6 It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails.

Try replacing the word "love" or its pronoun with whatever word, person, organization you like.

4 _____ is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. _____ does not brag, does not get puffed up, 5 does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. _____ does not keep account of the injury. 6 _____ does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. 7 _____ bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 _____ never fails.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Well you cannot substitute WT

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Well you cannot substitute WT

Exactly!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

No, because the GB is the evil slave.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

4 My leg is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. My leg does not brag, does not get puffed up, unless it's infected or has gangrene. 5 does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. My leg does not keep account of the injury. But I bloody well do, mate!

6 My leg does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. 7 My leg bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Legs never fails.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I leg you too, PunkofNice. I leg you too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit