Any updates on the Lopez Case?

by Sugar Shane 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane
    If I'm not mistaken, this week the court in San Diego was going to render a decision on the WTS wish to continue oral arguements, or something along those lines. Someone may have brought this up already. If so, then my apologies.
  • muldoon55
    muldoon55

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/i-do-not-answer-to-watchtower-stunning-gerrit-losch-declaration-revealed

This was his distancing himself from liability in the Lopez case. This was from last year but it blew me away when I saw his personal declaration sent to the courts

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

By refusing to provide the requested pedo database for evidence and GB member for testimony, they've essentially forfeited the case by default... the rest is just epilogue.

x

More importantly, though (IMO), it has set a very significant, compelling, and damn near foolproof legal precedent to beat the WT Legal Dept. in abuse-related court cases in the US...

...and what's more, I suspect the WTS knows it.

They did begin asking for legal volunteers (and more money) from amongst the R&F almost immediately afterward, after all. :smirk:

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

According to the oral argument calendar the appeal is being heard today. I'm sure it will take months for the decision to come in.

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2016 at 9:00 a.m.

The Honorable Judith Haller, Acting Presiding Justice, and The Honorable Associate Justices Alex McDonald and Terry O'Rourke

D068093 Bank of Southern California, N.A. v. D&D Gtoryoka LLC., et al.

D066388 Lopez v. Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York,

Inc.

The Honorable Richard Huffman, Acting Presiding Justice, and The Honorable Associate Justices Judith Haller and Alex McDonald

D068356 People v. Jimenez

D069063 Groves v. Davtyan

The Honorable Patricia Benke, Acting Presiding Justice, and The Honorable Associate Justices Richard Huffman and Alex McDonald

D067409 Capeci v. City of Imperial

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I forgot the link, let's see if this works.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/calendars/D10216.DOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit