Adele's new album....

by _Morpheus 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Adele's new album came out today. So far i love it, although one of the songs feels a bit overwrought to me. I find her to be at her best, as I always have, when she is singing only accompanied by a piano. Her voice is so strong and full of emotion I hate having anything take away from it...

My absolute favorite song is called "Remedy". I highly recommend a listen!

• Divergent
    Divergent

Haven't heard the new album yet...

Anyway, I thought the Skyfall song sucked! My favorite Adele song is Chasing Pavements. But that's just me...

• Simon
    Simon

I like a couple of songs she's done but overall I find her a bit "shouty" - I can't listen to a whole album at once.

SkyFall is one of the few I really liked (as part of the whole Bond nostalgia experience)

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Check it out divergent, its worth a listen...

Lol simon i cant believe you would call your country women screeching!! I love that girl :) like i said that new song remedy gets me....

• cognac
    cognac
    Adele is a beautiful singer... What is it about that song you like?
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Good question cog.... Its in my Adele comfort zone, just here and her the piano, voice full of emotion....

but i think its the lyrics. Of all the songs on her new album this one touchs me the most.

"When the pain cuts you deep
    When the night keeps you from sleeping
    Just look and you will see
    That I will be your remedy..."

Thats the refrain. So moving to me... To have someone who is that 'remedy' is indescribable to me.... But somehow she put it into words when i couldnt.

Another line:

Come whenever I'll be the shelter that won't let the rain come through
    Your love, it is my truth
    And I will always love you
    Love you

That one, your love is my truth and i will always love you, absolutely brings a tear to my eye....

highly recomend a listen if you get a chance :)

• LV101
    LV101

Love Adele -- just downloaded her new one, "Hello," into my car media -- better get the album. Thanks for topic!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

https://youtu.be/OHXjxWaQs9o

Adele made up as an Adele impersonator

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    @lv101- hope you enjoy it as much as me :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit