Here is what kind of person (Prince) a celebrity JW is

by Terry 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The deep persuasive scrutinizing by this religion could been the reason why he eventually faded, too much control for a guy who wasn't easily receptive to being controlled.

I think the real compelling story here is why did a person who had to be rushed to a hospital under dire physical health distress, die abruptly only a few days later on ?

Was he misdiagnosed while he was being evaluated toward his overall physical condition ?

Didn't the doctors realize if he was taking opiate infused pain killers that they were causing some involving difficulties in their use ?  

• talesin
    talesin
    I think the real compelling story here is why did a person who had to be rushed to a hospital under dire physical health distress, die abruptly only a few days later on ?

Perhaps, but certainly not unusual. Here's a list of celebs, most quite talented and extremely successful people, who died from prescription drug overdoses. Tragic? Yes. Surprising? Not so much.

Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Keith Moon, Brian Epstein, Chris Farley (morphine + cocaine = speedball), Corey Haim, Heath Ledger, Dana Plato, Anna Nichol Smith, Margaux Hemingway.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In some cases these people were seeing different doctors at various times and deriving different drugs unbeknownst by these doctors to other given drug prescriptions.

They were able to obtain drugs from different cities even different States when they traveled about. This is more apparent for people such as traveling celebrity performers.

The problem with high profile celebrities if that have an entourage of yes people with them all the time as paid assistants, not wanting to lose their jobs they tend to overlook situations and not objectionably intervene to the requests by their employers.

The final results of the autopsy should better clarify what happened to him.

Its is known that opiate infused drugs such as Percocet weaken overtime toward their ability to subdue pain, bringing on overdosing abuse to enact the same effectiveness when they were firstly used.

Percocet abuse can lead to dependence and addiction. As one struggles with an opioid addiction, compulsive misuse of the drugs can cause:

• Physical damage to your body such as liver failure from too much acetaminophen.
    • The onset of withdrawal symptoms when drug effects wear off--further compelling continued misuse.
    • An overdose that can result in death.

People with a Percocet problem sometimes find it difficult to obtain a regular supply of the drug, resulting in a cycle of abuse and withdrawal. Withdrawal symptoms can include:

• Excessive sleepiness.
    • Dizziness.
    • Muscle pain and weakness.
    • Panic attack.
    • "Flu-like" symptoms including gastrointestinal upset and fever.
  • talesin
    talesin
    Yeah, narcs are so dangerous. And there a lot of drug pushers with the letters "MD" after their names. It only takes weeks of necessary painkillers to cause addiction, and until recent years, many doctors were too free with their Rx pads. Like you said, Fink, uber-rich celebs are usually surrounded by sycophants, especially those who seemed to have had traumatic childhoods. Essentially, they are the same as everyone else who wishes to blot out pain.
  • violias
    violias

I'm sure he was in pain, reports of hip problems and I do believe he had Aids. He was not very big person, 5'2 and thin. It would be easy for him to accidently overdose. I used to have take opiates for chronic pain and I'd forget I had taken a dose and take another. Your mind gets really blurry. I used to write down in a notebook when I took pills to prevent accidental overdose. I finally tapered off the pills and now use steroid injections and other procedures to keep pain under control.

Prince seemed like a decent person, so sorry his life ended this way.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think like most people they mature over time, one must keep in mind that he entered into stardom at very young age (20's) and you could say the music he wrote was sexual protective but he did mellow out overtime, maybe the religion helped him along onto that path.

I like his stance he took over Record companies for their prying legal ownership of the original master recordings.

As well give him some respect for performing at concerts at a reduced rate $ well below most other top performers.

He wasn't all bad by any means and imagination.

• OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn
    The MJ story was so sad. It really hurts me the long lasting and devastating effects these lies can have.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What lies are you referring to OutsiderLookingIn ?

• myelaine
    myelaine
    As we all know, cognitive dissonance allows people like Prince to hold two contradictory sets of ideas and pretend they can live with them. ~Terry

There are some people on this forum who would be considered faithful JW's yet they don't believe a word of it. They have double lives to an even more ridged standard than Prince. Are you saying that they are like Prince in suffering cognitive dissonance? Or are they like Prince because they're "pretenders"?
    Why don't you give people the benefit of the doubt? ALL of these people, I suspect, are cognizant of what they're doing and they're doing it for a reason that seems good to them. None of them "fit" your black or white thinking...
    Yeah, maybe you were square and walked the JW walk and Prince defied the rules and got away with it. I can see that maybe you might feel that he is inferior to your alll or nothing "values"...but, this thread and what you've posted shows a petty, judgemental side of you that may prove to cause unintended collateral damage to people that don't deserve your critique of their personal life and how they lead it.

xo

• OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn

Finkelstein, I'm talking about lies of the Watchtower machine (1914, God's organization, etc.) and interpretation of scriptures to control people instead of helping them grow in Christ. The story about Michael Jackson not even wanting anyone to acknowledge his birthday and wanting to celebrate Christmas--but it's okay because he had "Family Day"--makes me sad. As a non-JW, I've often wondered what a young child is told that well-wishes on his birthday as an adult would result in that emotional shutdown. All in the name of God

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit