Here is what kind of person (Prince) a celebrity JW is

by Terry 53 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I've seen that Kevin Smith experience with Prince before. It really proved to me just how out of touch with reality, and how much of an asshole Prince really is. Here on the last day, Kevin Smith worked long long hours and sacrificed time with his own son on Father's Day, and Prince couldn't even say "Thanks" at the end of it. I'd have been royally PISSED at such callous, disgusting treatment. But then again, this same level of hatefulness is pretty commonplace in Kingdom Halls all across the world. Goes with the territory. (Ha!)

Prince was a musical genius and an eccentric, self-centered asshole all wrapped up in one. I for one, can't understand the fascination or falling all over him over his death.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It all makes perfect sense now.
    With this video (repasted below) by myelaine, I have it all figured out.
    Prince thinks he is an artist above all the pretenders and copiers.
    Terry is the "Prince" of JWN with statements like this:

You don’t know shit! All you have is a strong opinion.
    Now, I’ll give you my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=H4k-d88BEsI

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Prince was an over rated egotistical narcissist who loved and worshiped the self imposed image created around himself, influenced by being in the music business. An inherently insecure small man who needed that imposing image as a bigger than life celebrity to overcome his own perceived insecurities.

His noted behavior and social interactions with others is testament to that narcissistic personality.

I was in the music business back in the 80's when Prince started out and I could see a personality and character already being chartered and blueprinted into the future with this guy.

Too much ego and narcissism can destroy a person in the long run, Prince may have actually brought on his own destruction from being too much into himself, too deeply immersed into a highly elevated created image of being a " Gifted Artist."

Realistically Prince loved Prince more that anyone or anything, everything was accordingly lessen by the perceived imposed image that he himself created.

There was little down to earth humility in the man in other words, which may have been his most detrimental and compelling downfall.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    lol @ Prince being over-rated.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Clearly he was high on opiates most of the time. He could talk for 5 hours jumping from weird idea to another and not sleeping for 4 days which is impossible without drugs. Totaly high.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Prince sounds like the average two faced JW in this clip, preaching to this guy but when he asked for permission to use his song it was clear NO.

Then in front of a group of people he pulls out the bible from his pocket on another preaching tirade, but lives the double life in the entertainment industry,

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Prince's immersion into the JWS religion may have further extenuated that elevated perception as being unique and distinctly special, as JWs are indoctrinated to accept and believe.

ie . We are the only true faithful worshipers to god on earth that's why god has exclusively chosen us.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Weird attracts weird.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Nah, witness007, perfectly possible with bipolar disorder, manic phase.

He could have lived at the intersection of genius and madness.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Clinically speaking I think Prince's seizures as an infant left some damage. That may explain some behaviors in later life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit