The Christian GOD / Old Testament GOD , one and the same right? A GOD of Love ?

by smiddy 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty
    The worst situation also has a humous element somewhere to make you laugh - rebelfighter

Yes the relatives of the 250,000 killed in the Asian tsunami thought it was just hilarious!

I prefer as Perry says we have choices

They had no choice.

All those things you listed hopefully maybe the next generation will solve.

So humans have to fix god's mistakes.

Perry - your god is a moral monster.

• Perry
    Perry

The one you keep saying to yourself that doesn't exist right?

• cofty
    cofty

That's right the god of christian theism - the god of Jesus. I can prove beyond all reasonable doubt that he doesn't exist.

That doesn't change the fact that as a fictional character he is a moral monster.

Why do theists find that so hard to grasp?

• Perry
    Perry
    You seem pretty upset at someone who doesn't exist.
  • cofty
    cofty

That is just something that theists say to cover their embarrassment.

It's a childish ad hominem

What does get me irritated is the sort of callous platitudes we have seen in this thread. I really find theism contemptible.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Perry - "You seem pretty upset at someone who doesn't exist."

Actually, I think they're more annoyed with you.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    I believe Crofty is also upset with what I said but being an ex elder he is mixing paragraph/topics. I had the same exact problem with the "Elder" when we were fighting and there is no point in arguing with an Elder cause they don't hear you. It is called tunnel vision.
  • cofty
    cofty
    but being an ex elder he is mixing paragraph/topics. - rebelfighter

Could you be any more offensive?

Try to stick to the topic and take responsibility for your own statements. You blamed victims of natural disasters such as the 250,000 who were killed in the Asian tsunami for their own deaths and said they cannot blame god for their own "stupidity". I criticised you for being callous.

Now rather than address the subject you are throwing around childish personal insults. This is depressingly common behaviour from a believer.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Cofty,

I went back and read your intro to the forum you left the borg on doctrine issues. I will not get into any debates with you. The reason the "Elder" could not convert me into the cult is I am:

1. Child advocate 2. Woman's advocate 3. Masonic organization (I belong to 4 of them) we raise a lot of money for many charities 4. I do not believe in Religion because I have had to many Elders and above tell BOLD faced lies!! 5. Gay activist (because it was the gay men who protected me from my mother who beat the crap out of me when I was a child) .

You totally misread what I wrote. I am not a callous person. My mother beat the crap out of me as a child because she was drunk. She became a violent Alz person it took the county sheriff and social service to talk some sense in me that I could not take care of this witch. She would attempt to beat me up and then call 911 they would arrive she told them I was the Mafia holding her hostage. All this time I was also caring for my estranged husband who's sorry butt I kicked out of my house when he never showed up at the hospital when I had cancer and the entire time I was going through chemo he was extremely verbally abusive. While my mother was in the house OH it was just a delightfull place NOT!! I just wanted to lock the 2 of them in 1 room together. Patience is a virtue to be cherished. And you call me callous.

How many kids did you df, how many families did you break up? Go back and read some of my post. I work with kids, I am a certified adult volunteer. I help kids in trouble, I do not turn my back on them.

Reread what I wrote.

There is a poem online and I really don't want your opinion on it but if you are all interested who I am. Here it is

Footprints in the Sand

As the "Elder" said

Good bye have a nice life

• cofty
    cofty

rebelfighter - We are not discussing how you live your personal life.

The thread is about the fact that the god of the OT is a moral monster and that he is one and the same as the god of Jesus.

You asserted that god "created a very beautiful earth for us to take care of and enjoy."

I pointed out that "practically every creature you have ever seen has died of predation, cold, disease, hunger or parasites... Most of planet earth is uninhabitable. Most of the water is unavailable. Earthquakes, volcanoes and tsunamis violently kill millions of earth's inhabitants. The sun that keeps us alive also kills thousands every year with skin cancer. A significant percentage of the plants, leaves and fruits are poisonous."

You replied by blaming humans for the harm that comes from all of these facts and asserted that the solution was - "Do not eat poisonous plants, don't build a city next to a volcano, etc if you do - when something happens - hey folks - God did not do that you did it SO don't blame him for your stupidity."

I accused you of callousness.

I have no doubt about your compassion in other areas of your life but like many theists you are guilty of the most horrible callousness whenever you are faced with a challenge to your faith. Like most christians you blame the victims.

The Asian tsunami alone proves beyond all reasonable doubt that the loving god of christian theism does not exist. If a creator god exists then he did do that .... (four posts up from bottom of page)

He is a fantasy that cannot be reconciled with reality.

Responding with personal attacks and insults is not an answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit