The Christian GOD / Old Testament GOD , one and the same right? A GOD of Love ?

by smiddy 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

Practically every creature you have ever seen has died of predation, cold, disease, hunger or parasites. This has always been true.

Most of planet earth is uninhabitable. This has always been true.

Most of the water is unavailable. This has always been true.

Earthquakes, volcanoes and tsunamis violently kill millions of earth's inhabitants. This has always been true.

Why?

• cofty
    cofty
    Some things are introduced by humans destroying natural environments. - Lieu

If there is a loving creator why have there been five mass extinctions before humans even appeared?

At the end of the Permian period 96% of all species perished.

• Lieu
    Lieu

What most of us want and what goes on are 2 different things. It may be peaceful and prosperous where you are but the rest of the planet ... not so much. Everyone doesn't have a history of continuous warring around the globe for hundreds of years to compare a level of peacefulness with.

It's definitely a quiet time for peoples with a history of warring everywhere and all the time. It's not the history of the majority.

Crofty, if I could, I'd like the Americas before any colonists. Simple, clean, mostly quiet. No disdain for women, very minimal disease, natural food, thousands of herd animals wandering about, clean environment, no need for money, no bills, no lawyers, build a dwelling wherever. Peoples word meant something.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Dead dinosaurs are oil. Lolz
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

I tend to put things in very simple terms with that said why is everything God's fault?

Humans built cities on earthquake fault lines and near a volcano then blame God for the loss of life - God did not put those cities there.

When someone gets cancer they blame God for allowing it to happen but instead of asking the real question why did this person get cancer? It actually took 5 years for me to get the actual answer to the why I got cancer and the reason wasn't God it dated all the way back to the Civil War and they buried ammunition in an area which would allow lead to filter into our drinking water thus there was an unusually high rate of bladder cancer.

My first son died in child birth, God did not cause this to happen. When I had my records transferred to another doctor "if you take this doctor to court I will testify against him, there is plenty of evidence in your file of negligence ". I lost my son because a doctor was neglegent. God had nothing to do with it.

If you are fair skin common sense tells you to wear sunscreen and proper clothing. I am olive skin, I tan instantly, I have 1 child like me and 1 child who turns red the minute she walks outside so she wears all the sunscreen possible. Just common sense.

Do not eat poisonous plants, don't build a city next to a volcano, etc if you do - when something happens - hey folks - God did not do that you did it SO don't blame him for your stupidity.

• cofty
    cofty

rebelfighter your comments are simplistic and callous in the extreme.

Later...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    rebefighter the 2004 Asian tsunami started at the bottom of the Indian ocean and caused death and untold suffering to people many hundreds of miles away, they didn't build or settle in areas that were susceptible to a cataclysmic event like never seen before, what a daft example you gave, the 2010 Icelandic volcano spewed its ashes over many hundreds of miles into mainland Europe and beyond FFS.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Cofty,

It is not callous at all, I am very pained and hurt when people are hurt by natural disasters and I go out of my way to lend assistance. I just get very angry when they blame God.

I have had enough pain throughout my life with an abusive mother, husband, losing my first son, having a lot of money stolen from me and having 2 children with learning disabilities who I raised on my own through college. BUT not once did I blame God, I leaned on God for support to get me through the tough times in my life and we walked and talked.

I am not callous, I will give my last dollar for a kid in need any day, I will fight a mighty fight for any bodies child. I have fought some powerful people over refusing to give kids I barely knew what they deserved.

You buddy just called the wrong person callous.

• cofty
    cofty
    When someone gets cancer they blame God for allowing it to happen - rebelfighter

Atheists don't. I didn't.

However if there was a loving creator why didn't he design cells with a better fail-safe to prevent uncontrolled replication? The one we have is very unreliable.

Millions of people have died of cancer for reasons that had nothing to do with human activity.

Do not eat poisonous plants

Children are curious. How many have got sick and died in the 100,000+ year history of Homo sapiens?

SO don't blame him for your stupidity

So according to you all of the millions who have died of natural disasters are stupid are they?

Does that also apply to cancer victims and those who died of viral and bacterial infections? Are they also stupid? Is my cancer a result of my stupidity?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Humans imagined God; early imaginations of God were as bloodthirsty as humans were.

Generally (obviously not completely) each new generation imagines God differently (unless you embrace a view that you are given); we are seeing progressive religions embrace those they used to kill and persecute (gays, lesbians).

And of course, we have those believers who embrace the old view of god, whether the warring god of the OT, or as the peaceful sage prophet Jesus, or allah.

(The 3 Abrahamic faiths are responsible for most, if not all, of the religious inspired bloodshed.)

There is no God that men has not imagined; all you know of god has come from someone else's imagination or your own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit