How do jws break down the bible for Giliead school? Bible law, antitypes and what else?

by average joe 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• average joe
    average joe
    I know the proclamers book is studied but I would like to know how the bible is broken down into parts for study. I know theres a complete reading of the bible by time written, antitypes, bible law but how else is it broken into parts?
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

The proclaimers book was never "studied" at the congregation level. And now the GB pretends it never existed. We have a new mini size one with all the info "we" need about the history.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    I seem to remember the Proclaimers book was covered in the Theocratic Ministry School. I remember being taken aback by the talk of Pyramids and 1874. But eventually that knowledge faded. I wish I had taken that sick feeling in my stomach up and began to do real research back then.
  • sir82
    sir82

The proclaimers book was never "studied" at the congregation level.

Yes it was, back in the old Theocratic ministry School, when there was an "Instruction Talk", the whole book was used as the basis for those talks, a few pages at a time. This would have been in the late 90's or early 00's.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    TMS Instruction talks were out of Proclaimers book. Crappy book, crappy talks - at least mine were.
  • blondie
    blondie

ttdtt

The proclaimers book was never "studied" at the congregation level. And now the GB pretends it never existed. We have a new mini size one with all the info "we" need about the history.

The Proclaimers book was studied at the congregation level as Talk #1 of the TMS.

*** km 10/94 p. 3 Theocratic Ministry School Schedule for 1995 ***

ASSIGNMENT NO. 1: 15 minutes. This talk should be handled by an elder or a ministerial servant, and it will be based on Jehovah’s Witnesses—Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom or “All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial.” When based on the Proclaimers book, this assignment should be delivered as a 15-minute instruction talk with no oral review; when based on the “All Scripture” book, it should be delivered as a 10- to 12-minute instruction talk with a 3- to 5-minute oral review following, using the printed questions in the publication. The objective should be not just to cover the material but to focus attention on the practical value of the information being discussed, highlighting what will be most helpful to the congregation. The theme shown should be used. Illustrations, photographs, and charts found in the Proclaimers book may be commented on by the speaker and used as teaching aids. All are encouraged to make careful advance preparation so as to benefit fully from this material.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I remember the Proclaimers book was used during the instruction talk up until early 2000's. Then suddenly dropped around when they revamped the TMS around 2001-02.

The Proclaimers book if I'm not mistaken was that big green thick book released in early 1990's and was the main tool of the TMS weeknight meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit