jws deny shunning, yet lie to not look bad

by Ghiagirl 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

They have given the living demonstration of what sort of people they are, which fits the sort of religion they cling to. Now you know how dumb they really are.

When we were still in there were lots of crap like that going on. If these asses attend all the meetings it didn't matter WHAT else they did!

It is really bad but at least they aren't fooling you anymore.

Marina

• flipper
    flipper

GHIAGIRL- I'm so sorry that you have to deal with your husbands toxic family and this shunning issue. This shunning issue hits many of us ex-JW's after awhile. I have an almost 6 month old grandson that my JW daughter and her husband won't let me meet in person - apparently until I start going back to JW meetings. That's NOT going to happen.

I'm not going to be manipulated by these smarmy, dishonest tactics in order to meet my grandchild . I'll meet him on MY terms at THEIR house or another location - not a goddamned Kingdom Hall.

Don't give in to your husbands JW families manipulation techniques. They are TAUGHT these techniques from the WT leaders and their indoctrination through their meetings and publications. At least you have more CONTROL in you and your husbands situation - you HAVE the child - I don't. My daughter controls the situation with my grandson. So I REALLY have to be careful and avoid setting my daughter off - or I'll NEVER see my grandson.

But it doesn't teach these cult members anything to give in to their unreasonable and unethical demands. It's best to stand your ground, stand up to them and protect your son. Just know that you aren't suffering alone dealing with these mind controlled people- many of us are experiencing this. We are here for you to sound off to. Take care. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

The convention coming up this year has a talk on the program titled Shun Unrepentant Wrongdoers. So looks like despite their protests denying the fact that they do shun, they will be bringing out a fresh look at the subject of when and why the jw shun. Their attempt to justify the cult mind control.

Marina

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

jws deny shunning, yet lie to not look bad

JW`s are trained to parrot WBT$ Canned Propaganda/WBT$ Responses..

They are also trained to be able to hold 2 conflicting points of view on any given subject..

I`ve had JW`s come to my door,tell me JW`s don`t lie..

Then admit to Theocratic Warfare Strategy/WBT$ Approved Lying..

Your never going to get the Truth from a JW..

They aren`t capable of it..

......................Image result for Watchtower  logo blue

Image result for canned responses

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Outlaw, I CANT believe that you didn;t have a cartoon for your point.

What give?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.....Image result for bwa-ha-ha-ha

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    I stand corrected
  • steve2
    steve2

I feel for you. I really do. Just not a good move to text your husband's mother to make your point. It'll just feed into her prejudiced mentality.

I accept that it's terribly hard on your family - but texts are too easily misconstrued (at the best of times) and ignored (at the worst).

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

While my JW parents and family members were not as hardline as other JW families I knew, they still made it clear to me and one of my siblings that we could not participate in normal family relationships. They presented that to us in a way that made that choice OURS, not THEIRS. All we had to do to be a part of the family again was for us to decide to return to the family as Jehovah's Witnesses.

My parents were not totally hardline "shunners" - and if I did show up their home in the middle of the night unannounced after driving 2000 miles - they would not turn me away. They'd give me a pillow, a blanket, and offer me the couch. The next day they would feed me and even treat me well while I was there. They would not throw me out or force me to go to a hotel (unless I brought my girlfriend along with me). At the same time they seemed uncomfortable - you know - like Jehovah was looking down on them and frowning upon them as long as I was there in their home or we were socializing to some extent. But my father still enjoyed watching a football game on TV with us in his home.

The same way when my brother and I would attend their funerals. We were welcome to attend, but not invited to sit with the JW family during the session. We were welcome to come to the house to be fed, but were supposed to stand off by ourselves so that all the JWs who were there would know that we were "tainted" and could properly avoid us. Some didn't get the word before shaking our hands and getting our apostate cooties on them.

But I do give them credit for making it clear to us that they did not like all of the rules, nor did they even agree with most of them. But they still wanted to be "faithful to Jehovah." The day after my mother's funeral my father had a rather heated conversation with another elder. Essentially he told the elder to mind his own business when it came to our personal family matters. "Well Bro. X, the circuit servant who gave your mother's funeral talk (BFD), met your sons and shook their hands not knowing they were disfellowshipped. You should not have allowed them to come to your house for the reception."

"My house. My rules when it involves my family. My sons have every right to be here for their mother's funeral and I will not exclude them. If you were offended by their being here, then you should get over it - or do what you have to do. I will answer to Jehovah for what happens in my home and with my family."

I know for a fact that my parents did not agree with the JW shunning rules and my father made it known to us in his own sometimes awkward ways. At the same time, they had been faithful JWs for 30-40 years and felt that it was too late for them to give up the "truth" after all that time.

I know for a fact that my mother and father did not personally agree with the shunning doctrine. But they lived with it because they felt they had too much invested as JWs to fight the rules. One of the only times I ever heard my father cry on the phone was when he told me that he could no longer invite me to his home, nor would he visit me again (because I was disfellowshipped) sometime around 1972 as the "stay alive 'til '75!" frenzy was going on. The next time I remember him doing that was when the Watchtower once again reinstated and hardened the DF rules shortly after the Raymond Franz ouster in 1981. He was very upset knowing that he would have to tow the WT line even though he personally did not agree with shunning of family members.

JV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit