Paradise

by Gorb 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorb
    Gorb

The OT of Wing commander made me think about the following.

I was born in 1970, 4th generation JW.

In the 70's I got the Indirect message of 1975, and in the early 80's we were promissed a paradise were we could life for ever! This all combined with the 1914 doctrine.

It was all about show activity and works, that lead to a reward, the paradise earth.

I'm curious about the JW's of later years and the current "generation Z".

We don't visit the hall, maybe once in a year. In conversations with JW family we don't hear the word "paradise" anymore.

Has the reward changed?

It leads to my hypothese that different generations of JW can have different expetation.

Is that true?

Gorby

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GORB:

In recent communications with some Witness friends I keep in touch with - they keep saying the End is so close - which means Armageddon - which would bring the new system’ (which would turn into the paradise) if I’m not mistaken.

These JWs know I’m ‘Out’ but wishing I’d come back. So, I never bring up the absurd teachings of the religion!.. I just knock the new changes to them showing the religion taught unbiblical things in the first place. Unfortunately, their response is the defense of ‘imperfection’ which I’m tired of hearing.

Personally, I don’t think somebody can claim ‘imperfection’ after they claimed they spoke for God.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Sadly,,,many old school long-lifer JWs will never see Armageddon. Because its never going to happen.

Thats the sad reality.

• oncebitten
    oncebitten

Gorb,

No that hasnt changed. Their big thing is still paradise earth. Anyone who partakes at their Memorial is thought to be "mentally diseased."

I wish they'd see the mental disease of their GB.

• Varuaino
    Varuaino

Woaahh oncebitten first time I hear this about partaking the memorial it makes me want to do it 😂

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit