9 Year Old Used Basic Logic And Came To An "Apostate" Conclusion

by pistolpete 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Related Experience;

Basically what happened is my mom was studying with my 9 year old sibling and they were talking about the paradise. My sibling then proceeded to ask, in a clearly joking way, "What if Jehovah was tricking us and we don't go to paradise?" He was laughing and clearly just asked it to be antagonistic but my mom took it so seriously.

She, of course, got very defensive and explained the whole "Jehovah loves us and won't trick us" thing. My brother just kept pushing and asked, "What if he was lying?" This prompted the age old "Jehovah cannot lie. Just like no matter what we do we cannot fly, Jehovah cannot lie."

The last push was my brother asking, "What if he's lying about not being able to lie?" This just set off my mom into fear mongering mode and she basically threatened him with getting his "eyes picked out by ravens" for being rebellious and "saying bad things" about Jehovah.

A bit much for something that was clearly a joke, as I could tell from his incessant laughter that got harder with each antagonistic question. And her reaction was clearly what he was going for, up until the fear mongering part at least.

He's still clearly believes in Jehovah, which is understandable because its all he knows, but if he can realize that people can lie about not being liars and then apply that to God, then who knows when he gets older. He might view it as a joke now, but I'm sure his mind can connect the dots when he's older.

I was also skeptical about certain things when I was his age, and younger. Like I'd always think, why do we say everything *must* have a creator but Jehovah just *existed* forever before even making us. It was quite the mindfuck to just have accepted that this one entity existed just because while simultaneously being told that things cannot exist without a creator. I know both things are very simple conclusions anyone could come to, but it's quite impressive to me since the cult heavily ingrains in us that skepticism is basically apostasy, to the point where adults don't even like to entertain past a certain point of skepticism. If you're not satisfied by the first answer to your question and ask more, then you'll be looked at funny.

But look at me now, from a young skeptic to a filthy apostate lmao. I'm sure he's gonna be able to figure out Watchtower is bullshit eventually.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/pa6ayt/9_year_old_used_basic_logic_and_came_to_an/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• Justaguy
    Justaguy

Its a legitimate question. Lets analyze:

what evidence is there that the desert god tells the truth? What is the basis, other his own say so, that he never lies? His very first threat, ‘eat from the tree and you die that day’, was a blatant lie. The JW explanation about spiritual death and death to their relationship with him or they started dying that day, is nonsense. An all knowing god has an obligation to speak in a way that will be clearly understood by his creations and there is only one way that threat can be taken. He lied from the start.

Your sibling is on track.

• waton
    waton

and how about sacrificing a human would "never come into his mind" but asking Abraham to sacrifice Isaac? or the episode of the deity asking a lying spirit to deceive Ahab?

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    waton
    and how about sacrificing a human would "never come into his mind"

but asking Abraham to sacrifice Isaac?

Yea------that kind of blows Jah not lying!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I came to an apostate conclusion at age 13 in 1976 when I found myself still alive in one piece and my family pretended like no one expected the end to come the year before.

It was very rough teen years after that..... when I literally didn't believe in anything.

Check out all the doom & gloom:

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The Bible is true - Because it is God's word - God cannot lie - Because the Bible tells us so - So, the Bible is true.

Imaging that as a neon sign spinning around your head.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

What is impossible with men is possible with God.

With God all things are possible. Lying is not a thing, I guess?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I think t’s a healthy sign that your sibling feels free enough to to joke about such things out loud rather than needing to repress his/her thoughts.

Even so… I’m pretty certain he or she will be going straight to Hell …er-um Gehenna, for entertaining such notions. 😜

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Goes to show even a child can see the illogical fiction of the mythological writings within the bible.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I lie all the time.

In fact, I'm lying right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit