CALIFORNIA: Senior Citizens to Stay Home

by compound complex 6 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

SACRAMENTO — Gov. Gavin Newsom called Sunday for all senior citizens and residents with chronic conditions to isolate themselves at home, as well as for all bars, wineries and brewpubs to close, launching the state's most sweeping effort yet to slow the spread of coronavirus.

No other state has imposed such restrictions on residents age 65 and older. Newsom said his orders do not come with enforcement but that he expects residents and counties to follow his protocols. California has 5.3 million residents over the age of 65.

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/03/15/california-calls-for-all-seniors-to-stay-home-closure-of-bars-and-wineries-9421938?fbclid=IwAR0IvrTD75BqPhS4Fxs9TCDjv_bxnTQDdv7AFCVUDf58nsifeReVQHjioig

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Hell bent for a depression

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is not a good time to unnecessarily venture into crowds. Even if all you get is "just a cold". For instance, I could pick up coronavirus and get "just a cold" from it, or nothing. Then, someone else could pick it up and get very sick. And if I got it, or spread it, through something as stupid as going to church, it definitely is not worth it.

There are other ways to slow the spread. Coughing into your bare hands is absolutely the worst thing to do--a cough in the air (away from people) will go just so far, and that's it. In your hands, it can spread through dozens of surfaces. A cough in your elbow or a disposable tissue is better. Washing your hands with soap and water helps quite nicely, and is something I used to do when I was a dishwasher (to prevent spread of infections from dirty dishes to clean dishes). Staying away from places where people act like apes (and, from all the YouTube videos I have seen, Walmart comes to mind on this) also helps.

And not smoking. If you smoke, now is a good time to use this pandemic to quit. The smoke lowers your resistance, plus the smoke you emit lowers others' resistance even if you do not have the virus. Then, the person exposed to your smoke gets exposed to the virus, and what could have been quickly squelched becomes a full infection. All because someone just had to have that cancer stick.

If it isn't already too late, getting to the store before the crowds come is also a good idea. With the CDC declaring the pandemic, it might already be too late for that. Ordering things online might help (you still have to deal with delays due to demand issues). And, take your vitamins. Something so simple as starting 500 mg vitamin C and 4,000 IU vitamin D might throttle the virus if you get exposed. Other supplements that might throttle it include echinacea, elderberry syrup, oregano oil, schisandra berry powder, goldenseal, and astragalus. Taking some of these might throttle the virus enough for your immune system to take care of it. Then you do not become a case, you are not infectious or you are infectious for a shorter period, and it slows the progress of the whole pandemic.

And this goes for everyone, not just the elderly. Obviously, stupid exposure is not advised for anyone. Even if you are 20 years old, never had a cold, and are in perfect health, you could pick up coronavirus on your clothing and spread it to the supermarket next time if you go to these stupid religious events. And I can't think of a stupider event than this upcoming April 7 wastefest. Perfect recipe for trouble. The public, coronavirus and all, is invited. You are crammed into close quarters with others that may be carrying this thing (and field circus is a great way to pick it up). You are going to handle two items that might be carrying the virus by the time you touch it, and then there is another 5-10 minutes plus the crowds to shove through to get home before you can wash your hands with soap and water. Your suit will probably also carry the virus.

And for what? At least with a trip to the supermarket, you might come back with groceries. With this, you did nothing more than donate more energy for the reptilians to make this, and the communism that is the intended outcome, worse. More than before, I strongly urge that all that can skip this wastefest, should--whether you are vulnerable or not. Whether or not there is even a case in your area.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WIZARD:

Thanks for the sensible tips about how to beef up the immune system.👍🏻 Being as I have always been a vitamin/supplement buff I am aware of much of this but many other people are not.

As far as the Memorial (you aptly call a wastefest):..people would have to be nuts to attend in this current crisis..It’s a germ factory..But, sad to say, I fear certain JWs will have no regard for this advice.

• Half banana
    Half banana

WT Wizard, there is no point in recommending taking vitamins above the minimum required. It has no effect and we get the minimum from the average diet. Anything above what is needed is pandering to the We££ne$$ approach to health.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Stay safe CoCo! All the best

• rebel8
    rebel8

No other state? The CDC has been saying this for a few weeks for all states.

Edit: Citing my source. This has been posted for at least 2-3 weeks on this page IIRC. I've been sharing it with high risk people for a few weeks.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-complications.html

Who is at higher risk?
    Early information out of China, where COVID-19 first started, shows that some people are at higher risk of getting very sick from this illness. This includes:
    • Older adults...

Get ready for COVID-19 now

Take actions to reduce your risk of getting sick
    Group of senior citizens

If you are at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 because of your age or because you have a serious long-term health problem, it is extra important for you to take actions to reduce your risk of getting sick with the disease.

• Stock up on supplies.
    • Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others.
    • When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often.
    • Avoid crowds as much as possible.
    • Avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
    • During a COVID-19 outbreak in your community, stay home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit