Why cut back on spending if Armageddon is sooooo close?

by stuckinarut2 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So if the big A is so very very close, why cut back on expenses??

Surely you would spend up big....because there is no point saving the funds for use AFTER the big A right??

Ezekial 7:19 says that "gold and silver will be useless and thrown in the streets"

So why not keep spending now? Why reign in the spending?

OR, is it really because the funds are drying up?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "...OR, is it really because the funds are drying up?"

Occam's Razor, boys and girls...

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Good point Stuck

They are in a panic about something. I have heard through connected people in Oz that they announced 25% reduction in bethel workers and across the LDC.

Whatever the case, they seem to be in a panic and making rash decisions.

Bring it on I say, the more stupid decisions they make the more people will wake up.

I think though the rank and file will all be distracted with the shiny new meeting brochure - such "progress", I have already heard from people parroting off stuff and they haven't even seen that stupid model meeting on borg.tv.

It drives me insane, everyone is going on about the RC's saying "best ever". When I ask what they liked best - they can't answer.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, surely the wisest thing would be to rack up a ton of debt, steal all the money from Satan's system !

LOL

• prologos
    prologos

stuckinarut2
    2 hours ago

So if the big A is so very very close, why cut back on expenses??

Surely you would spend up big....because there is no point saving the funds for use AFTER the big A right??

Ezekial 7:19 says that "gold and silver will be useless and thrown in the streets"

a) Yes why does wt not do q a 1975 like sme "friends" and borrow to the hilts, because all bets are of once the big A strikes ? and

b) the gold, silver (geld & argent) were not thrown into the streets because they were worthless, but because the conquering armies would ruthlessly torture the inhabitants to get at the hidden, or swallowed goodies. and/or the conquerors would eliminate those that were of the rich class so as to have decapitated the society that they endeavoured to subdue.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Very profound and meaning ful question!
  • Half banana
    Half banana
    The simple answer is that if you are the bosses of a doomsday-cult, your job is to rake in the money. As for the idea of an actual doomsday event; it is just a fiction.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Been wondering the same thing, and it's not just the recent construction slowdowns and halts and the personnel layoffs. For the last few years, the preaching has gotten wimpier and less personal. The message seems to be not as bold as it once was and the literature is watered-downed.

It just seems the opposite of what it should be for a group that says the end of the world is imminent and that it has been entrusted with warning the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit