My brother-in-law is mentally out!

by Kathy1978 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kathy1978
    Kathy1978

So....I’m going to rewind for a second. One of my brother-in-laws came over one evening late in 2016, November I think, just to hang out. We hadn’t seen him in a while and this is before we told anyone in his family we were out. But my husband was rocking a beard at the time and he kept giving him funny looks.

Anyway, he finally asked him about what the brothers were saying about it and after a moment or two, my hubby and I looked at each other and he told him we don’t go anymore. My hubby went on to tell him all we had uncovered about “the truth”. He was shocked and said “my brother is an apostate!” Lol But he was cool, just shocked that he didn’t believe it anymore.

Fast forward to a few months ago and my hubby tells me that his brother doesn’t believe it anymore. He said that night at our place, when we told him everything he started to pay more attention to what was being said at the hall and started to research and he finally decided none of it is true! But his wife is a super JW, so he’s trying to figure out his full exit strategy. I’m so happy for him. He’s almost 50, so he wants to exit soon, start living his life. 👏🏿👏🏿

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

GREAT NEWS!!!

We are hoping one day our family will come around!!

• Kathy1978
    Kathy1978

Thanks ToesUp! I think the main reason he came around to figuring things out for himself is we didn’t push anything on him, we just explained why we didn’t believe it anymore. We are not trying to wake people up, the information is out there if you are brave enough to look. That’s also why we have a relationship with his still in family as well. We just don’t talk about it. If they still believe and it works for them, so be it. But we couldn’t do it anymore.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Number one he shouldn't debate this issue with his wife....he should continue to be a good and loving husband as the bottom might have fallen out for her.

It's very difficult for a super JW to get their minds around the notion that it is not the Truth.

He also needs to toss out his No Blood medical directive. And if it states NO Blood in his doctor's files he needs to have that changed.

He does not need to talk to any Elders, certainly never two at the same time or say the same thing to two separate Elders who can compare notes. They will compare his statements and DF him. If he doesn't care about being DFed or writes a letter to disassociate the results will be the same he will be shunned.

He is certainly welcome to come on this Forum with any and all issues he may be experiencing.

• Kathy1978
    Kathy1978

I agree Giordano, and I told him that as well because that is exactly what he was doing - starting debates with her and that’s a bad idea. So he backed off of that and is just keeping it to himself for now.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

That's great news Kathy and it sounds like it was down to your husband being honest with him but not pushing him. Must be lovely for your husband to have his brother out.

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

Thanks for sharing the good news. Everyone who leaves is a nail in the coffin of the WatchTower delusion factory.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Glad to hear that !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit