I think my Sunday speaker is awake

by Yondaime 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Juan Viejo2
    That is why they have extra elders near the stage and a brother who reads the scripted talks as they are given. Speakers who go off the script - even a little bit - will be counseled not to let that happen again, especially during a convention -
    I am not sure where you get this info? I have given talks on every level - and have been the chairman at District Assemblies. The Chairman has all the outlines - and has to be ready to fill in if a brother is sick and can't finish.
    There are NO manuscript talks anymore!
    There are no extra elders?

• out4good4
    out4good4
    No insult intended or implied, but, this sounds like an awake but trapped in ex-jws wet dream to me.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Thanks to the www many inside are fully awake. I see the religion becoming a social community and nothing else; the young are leaving, the old are indifferent to the dogma, just staying for the social value of it. Meeting absence is at an all time high, service at an all time low.

In the Spanish cong, we have lots of gatherings and it is all about eating, drinking, dancing and having fun. Parents are very concerned with getting their kids further educated.

We have become like the Catholic Church, whatever the dogma the parishioners do whatever they want or feel is right. Being awake is awesome!🌞

DY

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

@ttdtt

Sadly I don't remember the title, I'll ask my dad for it.

@dugout

Yea lol I couldn't believe it myself.

@Juan Viejo2

Very interesting. I hope this happens more often!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Most JWS even the long time ones, do not know that 1914 was first calculated to be the year of Armageddon leading up from 1874 as the first devised date of Christ's return.

Most JWS don't even know about the WTS's first leader C T Russell making up Christ return by using the ridiculously stupid theology of Pyramidology

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

@out4good4

I know lol. I almost wet myself.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I don't think it says inn The proclaimed book that Russel predicted Armageddon in 1914. They show the pyramid graph with all the dates missing. Them I think they just imply that they predicted the end of the gentile times and how Jesus took his thrown Russel getting it all right. He sounds awake to me.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Brilliant Yondaime,  I agree, let's just hope it does happen more frequently in the future.

The speaker has a captive audience and a bethelite carries WT authority...more of this please!

• Giordano
    Giordano

This is exactly why I recommend this site: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

for anyone interested in the real JW history. It is neutral in tone and documented. The schism chart is very interesting.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Awake for sure....ask the elders the name of the talk and if he's coming back, how much u enjoyed it etc and see their reaction....that should tell you all you need to know!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit