According to the Bible, the Watchtower is *NOT* the Faithful and Discreet Slave

by Noble Lion 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Noble Lion
    Noble Lion

Anyway, I know a lot of people here, just about everyone in fact, knows that the Watchtower claims to be the faithful and discreet slave. Now any sensible Christian knows Jesus was speaking metaphorically. A parable if you will. But even if you take it literally, the Watchtower, by definition of the Bible, cannot be the Faithful and Discreet slave Jesus spoke about.

The Bible describes a good slave as such (This one scripture most importantly)

1 Corinthians 4:1-2

Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

Faithfulness. All this time I've been unable to answer the scripture that describes the GB as the slave other than, it was a parable. Let's look at what the scripture actually says about the faithful and discreet slave

Matthew 24:45-47

Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions.

HMMMM.

Has the Watchtower given food at the proper time? According to all their false prophecies, no.

But most IMPORTANTLY. Has the Watchtower been faithful???.........

NOPE http://ask.un.org/faq/14501

According to the Watchtower's own publications and doctrines,

"No, the UN is not a blessing, even though the religious clergy of Christendom and the rabbis of Jewry pray heaven’s blessing upon that organization. It is really “the image of the wild beast,” the visible political, commercial organization of “the god of this system of things,” Satan the Devil. So the UN will soon be destroyed along with that beastly organization." Watchtower 1984 Sep 15 p.15

"Such dwellers on earth wondered admiringly at the revived scarlet wild beast. Much reliance was placed in its ability to be a power for world peace and security. Great expectations were held out for it, and it was given designations that were really blasphemous from the standpoint of the Holy Bible. How so? In that to this wild beast powers were ascribed and tasks were assigned that really belong to Gods kingdom and its Messiah or its Christ. Back in 1919 the scarlet League of Nations had been seriously called the political expression of the Kingdom of God on earth. And now the United Nations, the successor of that League, has been called the best means for peace, yes, even more than that, the last hope for peace. So today we can see in actuality what the apostle John saw in symbol, that that scarlet-colored wild beast is full of blasphemous names. Those expressions of admiration for it turn false religionists, not to the worship of Jehovah God the Creator, but to idolatry of a man-made creation, the worship of a political image, the worship of an international organization for world peace and security. Rev. 17:3." Watchtower 1963 Nov 15 p.697

"The United Nations is actually a worldly confederacy against Jehovah God and his dedicated Witnesses on earth." Watchtower 1987 Sep 1 p.20

So according to them the United Nations is the "very image of the wild beast". It's essentially satan! However we see that the Watchtower later went on to embrace the United Nations as acceptable and even noble.

"We cannot but admire the high principles embodied in the League of Nations... Truly this is idealistic, and approximates in a small way that which God has foretold that he will bring about after this great time of trouble." Watch Tower 1919 Feb 15 p.51

"THE preamble to the United Nations Charter expresses these noble aims: We the peoples of the United Nations determined to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, . . . and [desiring] to unite our strength to maintain international peace and security, . . . have resolved to combine our efforts to accomplish these aims.
    Did the UN accomplish these aims? Did it get the nations to unite their strength and maintain peace and security? No, not so far, although the UN has sincerely tried to be a significantly better way than the League of Nations.
    Jehovahs Witnesses firmly believe that the United Nations is going to play a major role in world events in the very near future. No doubt these developments will be very exciting. And the results will have a far-reaching impact on your life. We urge you to ask Jehovahs Witnesses in your neighborhood for more details on this matter. The Bible clearly paints a picture showing that the United Nations will very shortly be given power and authority. The UN will then do some very astonishing things that may well amaze you. And you will be thrilled to learn that there is yet a better way near at hand that will surely bring eternal peace and security!"
    Awake! 1991 Sep 8 p.10

Well well well. Look who apparently turned their back on God. Have they been faithful to God? NOT AT ALL! The "faithful and discreet slave" turned right around and partnered with satan's organization secretly for 9 years! Therefore, they CANNOT be the faithful and discreet slave, and the fact that they keep claiming to be so actually makes them look worse. It's like when a husband or wife gets caught cheating and then they try to turn around and say they are the faithful one in the relationship. Uh, yeah. NOPE! Furthermore, no witness can say that the Watchtower is only made up of imperfect men who made a mistake because we see Job in the Bible who never turned his back on God ONCE, even though he was purposely pushed to do so. HE was a faithful and discreet slave! The very picture of it!

Now I know there are other cases when the Watchtower was unfaithful to God, but the UN is the most recent and there's verifiable proof! When I go out, I might try this tatic on a jw to see how they take it. For others who want to try it out as well, here's the dialogue I will try to stick to (I know the jws tend to digress like nothing else, but I'll keep em on track)

Me: Hi there! Are you Jehovah's Witnesses?

Jw: Why yes we are!

Me: Wow, I've seen you guys around but you never can know with the Mormons and the regular evangelists out there, but I've heard of your religion and so forth, could you explain it to me in brief detail?

Jw: Of course! (Continues to explain the cult as something it's truly not)

Me: Wow! Ok! That's interesting! Hey, I've heard you guys have a uh, sorta....what's it called? Um....Faithful and discreet slave as your main leader, who's that?

Jw: Oh, our leader is Jehovah (Continues to babble on about not following men)

Me: *Internally is laughing my head off at the crap she's trying to sell to me* Oh I see, but do you guys have like.. the uh, Ultimate shepherd who sorta guides your organization?

Jw: Well yes! They are the Faithful and discreet slave from Matthew 24:45-47

Me: Huh, Ok, well here, let me do a a quick google search and see what pops up.

Jw: OH NO! You see, we don't use google results, we use jw.org and if you jus...

Me: *Cuts off jw* Oh I use Google search, but I'll also take a look at your website, in fact, I''ll go to your website first and then I'll do a google search.

Jw: Ok (If they persist, don't give in, do the search!)

Me: Ok, "Who is the Faithful and Discreet slave", *reads the article with intensity and focus*. Alright! so they are the faithful and wise servant huh?

Jw: Yes! They give us spiritual food at the proper time!

Me: Well, I like to be thorough in my knowledge and it seems like they certainly feed you guys! But I'm more of a skeptic than I myself like to be, so I'm just going to do a quick little search to see if they've been faithful!

Jw: Oh, there are apostates out there who...

Me: *Cuts off jw* Don't worry about that, I believe I am impartial to the truth so if there is obvious evidence that contradicts their claims then I know what to believe. *googles "Watchtower" and reads, settles on the UN subject and website". So what do you guys think about the UN? There's some talk about the UN bringing peace on earth and whatnot....

Jw: Oh, no. Jehovah will be the only one to bring peace on earth.

Me: Can't Jehovah do that through the UN?

Jw: Well, the UN is apart of this world and the ruler of this world of course is satan, so essentially, the UN is satan's organization.

Me: *Insert PatrickStewartMildShock.gif* Are you serious!?

Jw: Oh yes, the Bible describes the UN as the Wild Beast!

Me: Well, that's kinda awkward.......

Jw: Oh, are you working for, or apart of the UN?

Me: No.....but your organization secretly was for 9 years.....

Jw: Um, no. That must be a lie the exjws tell others to discredit Jehovah's organization.....

Me: Well I'm sorry, but it's not the exjws saying this, it's the UN and your organization saying this *Proceeds to show Jw documents and website confirming association*

Jw: No that can't be right.....

Me: The UN can't lie about their association, everyone who isn't apart of or against their organization would go nuts, and if it weren't true, wouldn't the Watchtower be fighting this claim publicly? I mean by your technicality, it's association with satan's organization. I'd be outraged and swinging and kicking if my name was unrightfully associated with satan's.

Jw: Well......um..... it says here that they did it to use the UN Library.....

Me: The problem with that is, you've never had to actually become a member to use the UN library, it's standard protocol that you just ask for a pass. They'd run a background check and if you are clear, you'd be able to use it freely. You and I would be able to use it if we wanted to without obtaining membership. The Watchtower actually BECAME a member and they had to sign contracts saying that they would agree to abide by the UN's rules and promote their agenda every time they renewed their membership which is about every year I believe. This rule hasn't changed, ever. I took a political science class....

Jw:...........that's interesting

Me: Well, this also leaves another problem, your leaders haven't been faithful to God. They became apart of satan's organization and agreed to their rules and agenda. I'm sorry, but by biblical terms, there's absolutely no way the Watchtower can be the faithful and discreet slave. Job was a faithful and discreet slave. He never turned his back on God or listened to or accepted satan once, even after all he had been through. Jesus never turned his back on God as well, even when God allowed him to be brutally tortured and killed. It seems to me the Watchtower wasn't even pushed to be apart of the UN, it was their choice the entire time. And I'm sure God would never tell His servants to go to satan and abide by his rules and agendas for 9 years. Jesus said He's sending us out among the wolves but He never said to become APART of the wolves.....

Jw:.............

Me: I'm sorry, but I can't be apart of any organization like that. They weren't faithful, and I looked on your website, and I don't see any repentance statement saying they were wrong to so do. But it seems to me, you had no idea that they were apart if the UN for 9 years...

Jw: I had no idea.....

Me: Well if you didn't know about this, what else don't you know? Why didn't your leaders tell you about such a gross sin? Why did they hide this from you? That's what I'd like to know if I were you. I'd want the truth, not matter how good or bad it is......

Jw:....Yeah well.....

Me: Anyway, I've got to go, I'm sorry you had to find out like this. Maybe you should do some in depth research of your own so nothing can get the jump on you like this again.

Jw: Have a good day......

Me: You too.... *Secretly smiles at the camera* END SCENE

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Do you have the dates of the printing of the 4 awake artichles saying positive things about the UN?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Every time you read a positive comment about the UN, it's during the WTBTS's time as an NGO with the UN. As an NGO, they had the responsibility to uphold the ideals of the UN.

I believe there are some specific threads on this subject. If you want the true flavor of what the WTBTS was actually saying when complimenting the UN, just insert "Satan/Demons/Demonic/Satanic" into the sentence.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit