Has anything from a meeting/ Platform caused you to laugh at the bull present?

by Overrated 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Overrated
    Overrated

I was at a Sunday meeting an the speak was going on and on how the org does good for people in public. Example is how at New York the Brothers handed out bottles of water. I know firsthand that they didn't but locked their doors. So when I heard the speak say this bull, I laughed so other can hear.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

The cult is based on made up bull shit, so why should they stop?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Like they claim they are a "Not for Profit" Religion yet make Millions of $$$$$ in Real Estate sales all over the world.

What other religion do you know of that is selling property they own anywhere near as much as the WT/JW`s are currently doing ?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I remember a Sunday Public Talk. The theme had to do with creation. The speaker was trying to refute the age of the planet Earth and that glaciers carved mountain ranges and canyons.

Speaker: "I can pour ice cubes on a mountain all day long and it won't change them!"

Me: <Facepalm>

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

For me, even as a PIMO, that stuff generated anger, sadness, distress in me rather than laughter. It confronts you to the reality that you've been spending a large significant portion of your life in cult. I can't say that ALL the time I spent in that cult was waisted, but a big big part of it was.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Water 20 feet over Everest.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Truth, that has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard come from a cult member. Equating ice cubes to a glacier. WTF was he trying to say? That Glaciers do not carve out parts of the earth? This has to be such an ignorant thing even for the cult. Glaciers move that we can see on film. Billions of tons of ice moving slow carves the earth. There is no doubt this is a fact. Man that dude has to be one dumb asshat. Here is a timelaps of glaciers over 48 years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he5QzhE7_g4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit