EX-JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES PARTICIPATE IN THIS STUDY OF PSYCHOLOGY!

by TJ Curioso 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

EX-JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES PARTICIPATE IN THIS STUDY OF PSYCHOLOGY!

Dear friends,

For some time now I have had the desire to conduct a study of Jehovah's Witnesses, a religious movement I have known for 30 years.

For this to be possible, I enrolled in a PhD in Psychology at the University of Algarve and applied for an unpaid leave for an indefinite period.

The subject of the investigation revolves around so-called psychological abuse (or psychological manipulation) in a group, motives for the departure of Jehovah's Witnesses and possible consequences of this disfigurement in people's lives. Also participating in the study are people who, although they have not yet officially left Jehovah's Witnesses, are no longer identified with the group.

The data will be collected through a questionnaire that was placed online.

Portuguese, Brazilian, as well as other people who understand Portuguese can participate. Although the questionnaire is written in Portuguese from Portugal, I think it will be understandable to people of other nationalities.

The questionnaire is available at this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfERyleec9qkd-oa5S9V72O8FpMRryrQV3mrdiEmhqO_cBqnw/viewform?fbclid=IwAR204j1iSocyI-ljdC0gAItgGEMeOAc8qpXbxi0P8vG6Ex_9b4kTidudj3E

I intend to publish the results of this study in an international scientific journal. For this to be possible, it is necessary for hundreds of people to respond to the questionnaire.

Lastly, I would like to ask you to respond exactly to what is requested. For example, if I ask, "How long have you left Jehovah's Witnesses?" and someone responds "When I entered college." However interesting this answer may be, it does not allow the calculation of correlations and will have to be eliminated.

Grateful for the attention,

Alexandre Ramos

Doctor of Science in Education

Member of the Order of Portuguese Psychologists

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

EX-TESTEMUNHAS DE JEOVÁ PARTICIPEM NESTE ESTUDO DE PSICOLOGIA!

Caros(as) amigos(as),

Há já algum tempo que tenho o desejo de realizar um estudo sobre as ex-Testemunhas de Jeová, movimento religioso que conheço há 30 anos.

Para tal ser possível, inscrevi-me num doutoramento em Psicologia na Universidade de Algarve e pedi licença sem vencimento por tempo indeterminado.

O assunto da investigação gira à volta do chamado abuso psicológico (ou manipulação psicológica) em grupo, motivos para a saída das Testemunhas de Jeová e possíveis consequências dessa desfiliação na vida das pessoas. Também podem participar no estudo pessoas que, embora ainda não tenham abandonado oficialmente as Testemunhas de Jeová, já deixaram de se identificar com o grupo.

Os dados serão recolhidos através de um questionário que foi colocado online.

Podem participar portugueses, brasileiros, bem como outras pessoas que entendam o português. Apesar do questionário estar escrito em português de Portugal, penso que será compreensível para pessoas de outras nacionalidades.

O questionário encontra-se disponível neste link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfERyleec9qkd-oa5S9V72O8FpMRryrQV3mrdiEmhqO_cBqnw/viewform?fbclid=IwAR204j1iSocyI-ljdC0gAItgGEMeOAc8qpXbxi0P8vG6Ex_9b4kTidudj3E

Tenho a intenção de publicar os resultados deste estudo numa revista científica internacional. Para tal ser possível, é necessário que centenas de pessoas respondam ao questionário.

Por último, queria pedir o favor de responderem exatamente àquilo que é pedido. Por exemplo, se eu perguntar "Há quanto tempo saiu das Testemunhas de Jeová?" e alguém responder "Quando entrei para a faculdade.", por mais interessante que esta resposta possa ser, não permite o cálculo de correlações e terá que ser eliminada.

Grato pela atenção,

Alexandre Ramos
    Doutor em Ciências da Educação
    Membro efetivo da Ordem dos Psicólogos Portugueses

• zeb
    zeb

the question air is in Portuguese. Any chance of english please.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Any idea how long it should take?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit