DINOSAURS!

by gitasatsangha 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Ok.. odd question.

why are their dinosaurs in old NWT inner jackets? I don't have one any more, but I recall that there was one of the two legged variety walking hapilly along the continent of Africa on the old bible. Also I think the Paradise Lost book (The one that used to scare the $hit out of us kids) had some dinosaurs on the inner cover maps as well. I never got around to asking any elder or other bigwig:

what's the deal with the dinosaurs in JW books?

• starScream
    starScream

I remember the Dinosaur in the old NWT. Reminds me of the demons that were living inside it.

• Xander
    Xander

I think that dated back to when they taught that dinosaurs and men roamed the earth together until the dinos were destroyed in the great flood.

There teachings on this matter have since changed, and, thus, reprints were needed.

• Brummie
    Brummie

They were there because they believe in dinosaurs! Plus, I guess, it was an attempt to make the JW religion look a little historical and scientific...as if!

Brummie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    they taught that dinosaurs and men roamed the earth together

I remember asking an elder about that once when I was a kid. I wondered how were two naked people running around a garden kept safe from all the T-Rexs chomping everything in sight. His reply was that it was a miracle. Well my response was that if it takes a miracle (evidently all the time) to keep Adam and Eve alive, then why create them in the first place? He told me to be quiet because I was being disrespectful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit