I am not allowed to talk negatively to her husband about the Borg

by GermanXJW 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

My wife and I am befriended with a couple we know from one of our past congregations.

He used to be a MS and pioneer but has resigned to personal and health reasons. He is also out of work and of course not content with his situation.

She has had some problems overcoming smoking which she restarted some months ago but now quit gain.

He has not attended meetings in months, she does it whenever she can (which is not often). Both have a rather naive belief in Jehovah and somehow in the borg.

Both now and somehow respect my current view. They still are having contact with us and we visit each other as often as we can, there is some physical distance.

At our last visit, I showed him the German report on child abuse in the borg on VCR.

Today, 2hrs ago, she told my wife on the phone that she begs me not to bring her husband down again(right word?) because he was rather depressed after our last visit because of the report. She also confessed her (overcome) smoking habit to an elder and now regularly attends the meetings.

She says she will talk to me about it the next time.

Well, I hate it not to speak about those things. That is what I had to do at the KH - remain silent and smile. And I hate it that she tries to speak in behalf of her husband. I feel now after overcoming her smoking habit (which we were silent about) she has this Holier Than Thou attidtude.

Any ideas what to tell me when she wants to speak with me?

• AlanF
    AlanF

I would ignore what the woman told you and talk directly to her husband. According to her own beliefs, he being the head of the household, this is exactly what you ought to do. If she complains, point out you are speaking to her spiritual head.

When dealing with the cult mentality of JWs, you have to fight fire with fire. Use their own beliefs against them to show them their hypocrisy.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit