Calling on all EX Bethelites From The 1960s, 1970s and 1980s

by new boy 4 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Many have commented here about my Bethel experiences. Even though it's been over 40 years since I was there, many have found the stories to be interesting and amusing. Some have even mentioned writing a book about them.

As the say in the "tooth" after much "praying on the matter." I decide to do just that.

I was surprised to find very few books on the internet about what it was like inside the world head quarters of the Watchtower bible and truck society. I read Brock Talon's (not his real name) book. I enjoyed it very much. I feel there is so much more that could be said.

With that in mind I would like the help of any out there, that served in NYC bethel from the 1960s through the 1980's to contact me (PM) with any experiences you would like to share. I really don't want this to be my story but the story of the many people who experienced the insanity of that place and time. Humor is important. This isn't going to be a "poor me" book. I'm hoping it will bring tears and smiles.

Even though there would be limited appeal, If we could help just one person. It would be worth the effort.

looking forward to hearing from you all

Keith Casarona

New Boy

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear

Great idea.

• talesin
    talesin

Just a heads-up. I am reading Keith's book at the moment, and his writing is excellent! More on that at another time, another thread. : )

That is to say, I think you are the person to write this book, Keith. You have been there yourself, and you have the writing skills for the project.

• new boy
    new boy
    Thank you Talesin
    I really would like some other input on the project. There are lots of wonderful stories that need to be told
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Do it Keith, you singlehandedly opened my eyes that faithful sunny Saturday morning of April last year. I printed up your New Boy stories from Randall Watter's site and read them non stop outside my shop against the brick wall whilst sitting on a 5 gal pail with my sun glasses on and tanning. I knew then and there I had been taken for a ride and manipulated. Was a wonderful day to take back control of my life ! I was in the cult for a couple years and burnt out, waay too many demands and useless busywork. You helped me figure it out. Thank-you Mr. Keith Casarona.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit