I can't take it anymore!

by BlackWolf 32 Replies latest jw friends

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I think she's already baptized :(. But still, many of us have faded, and she can too if she does it carefully. In any case, it's hard hurting your parents and knowing you are going to be a disappointment to them. I'm sorry, black wolf, that you are in that situation, and I'm sorry for all of us.
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Growing up, this explains my father's behavior. It can make people callous to other people's feelings, especially when they sit in on judicial committees and ruin people's lives.

This organization is facing a growing elder shortage, or just a shortage of "qualified" men as defined by stringent Watchtower standards. Anyone in an appointed position, whether elder or ministerial servant, have a heavy workload and are very overworked because of this shortage.

As time goes on, this shortage can only increase. Either the Watchtower will have to loosen its standards for qualifications (and include women in some of the work such as accounts, microphones, ect), or in coming decades, it will reach a crisis point.

• Stealth
    Stealth

I liked Witness My Fury's suggestions as a starting point.

If that does not work....., well you actually have a lot of power in this situation. The next time he acts like a jerk and make your mother cry, tell him you are just one act away from making him unqualified to be and elder, so quit acting like a jerk and back off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit