Why all the hate...

by Dystopia 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Virran
    Virran

Try to live with my mom for even a week and then tell me how much you love her. Seriously...

When someone tells me my ruler is the devil and that I will get slaughtered any day now (for 30+ years already) and have my eyes picked out and eaten by crows yea, I'll get a little defensive. That, and the fact that I like to expose the true nature of their seven evil leaders.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Virran: That sounds like all the old timers..."my ruler is the devil". I was told I was the

son of Satan.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Dystopia, what is the significance behind that choice of name? Are you a troll? I mean, your name seems to be vaguely alluding to reason why the JW religion and culture is hated.

The "spiritual paradise" that JWs live in is a dystopia.

A sick dystopia where the fanaticism of suicidally refusing medical treatment is lauded.

A sick dystopia where the pursuit of higher education is frowned upon.

A sick dystopia where persons are discouraged from using their own brain by the condemning of "independent thinking".

A sick dystopia where a domestic abuse victim is told to show more love and christian qualities to the abuser who may very soon kill her.

A sick dystopia where elders are trained to use scripture to counsel someone with suicidal thoughts but aren't told of the importance of directing such a person to receive professional counseling from experts trained in helping persons with suicidal thoughts.

A sick dystopia where all non-JWs are prejudicially labelled as "worldly" and "bad association" based solely on the fact that they're non-JWs and before and without even getting to know the individual's character.

A sick dystopia where pedophilia and other crimes by the members is kept secret from the police and other congregation members in the name "not bringing reproach on Jehovah's name"; and thus making it possible for pedophiles to abuse additional victims.

A sick dsytopia where a mother will shun her own daughter and a daughter her own mother for absolutely no other reason than the fact that one of them no longer agrees with a particular teaching of the Watchtower organization.

A sick dystopia where the organization that instituted the policy of shunning family; and the people who engage in shunning, turn around and blame the victim for the shunning.

A sick dystopia where people are literally afraid of finding out truthful information that would disprove their religion.

A sick dystopia where the meanings of words are changed for the sake of supporting an organization's agenda.

A sick dystopia where independent study of the bible is discouraged while blind trust in an organization with a history of embarrassing errors is encouraged and lauded.

Who loves a dsytopia? Who does not hate a dystopia? The brainwashed and deluded members of a dystopia who have come to be pass all practical and moral sense. They love a dystopia. But normal thinking people hate a dystopia.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Umm its not nice being called mentally diseased.😡
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It isn't about hating JWS individually but rather exposing how this organization is both destructive and.damaging and how it badly sociologically and psychologically effects people.

• sparky1
    sparky1

.......just trying to follow Jehovah's advice: "Hate what is bad" - Amos 5:15 NWTRevised 2013

• Dystopia
    Dystopia

"Dystopia, what is the significance behind that choice of name? Are you a troll? I mean, your name seems to be vaguely alluding to reason why the JW religion and culture is hated."

My forum name has no relevance other than a fictional avatar. You do indeed derive a lot of hate from something that has little next to no relevance.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I wish Jehovah would give us the stright dope on what is bad and what is good.

I'am sure telling lies are bad (world end in 1975), that's a big one.

So they hate us because we expose their lies, all we are trying to do is to free them

from ruthless leaders and tell them the truth....

Help us out Jehovah....

• Heaven
    Heaven
    My Father is a JW... and I love him. I just don't love his religion.
  • Alive!
    Alive!

No hatred as far as I'm concerned - but forgive me if my heart is a little broken that my husband and I put off having children as we will have them after Armageddon - in the 80s and 90s in our area, this was commendable and many, I mean Many made that often 'peer' pressured choice which also echoed in the publications and from the 'platform'.

I have just come back from a walk in the park - I saw many families together...different generations enjoying their family day out.

I bumped into a JW family - grandmother and daughter out with the grandchildren, we stopped and chatted.

So, excuse me while I just tend to my grief, while I put away the gnawing loneliness of not having made a nest.....

Instead I emotionally invested in other people's children, other families - who now go on their merry way.....tight in their own bubble, submitting their faith to men who tell them 'what will happen next' - whose prophetic history is a big fail....uninterested in 'truth' and 'principle' that engages with an observant world.

Decent people don't join anymore - they just breed their own.

But no, no hate. Just a rotten ache sometimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit