"And Your Little Dog Too...." WTS not content with taking kids' ice cream money, now they want them to give up their puppy dogs too.

by sir82 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Did I miss an ice-cream issue of the Watchtower somewhere, or is this just a metaphor?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Undercover,

Just some other A$$ C.O. trying to desensitize you for having a natural desire for pets. Just absorb it with a grain of salt.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    There was a family in my congregation with four kids ranging in ages from six to newborn who packed up and moved to a poor area of Thailand at the same time as the political unrest a few years ago. Most in the cong believed it to be very reckless of the couple, oh and yes their animals mysteriously disappeared before they left. I don't know what they did with them.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback
    There was this family that had two Chihuahuas and they decided to serve where the need was greater. They got rid of their Chihuahuas and guess where they were sent. That's right, Chihuahua Mexico. Had they kept them, they would have had their own interpretors.
  • baldeagle
    baldeagle

This religion is shameless. It truly has gone off the rails and becoming crazier by the day. Now that I'm out, I'm kind of looking forward to what the year 2016 will bring. But I wish I could get my last 35 years back, what a tremendous waste of time and energy. Shame on me!!! Why didn't I wake up sooner?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Slimboyfat, you seriously haven't seen the Caleb and Sofia cartoon where she is guilted into giving up her ice cream money for the donation box at the hall!!??

Check it on the official website....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes sparrow.....I know families that did that.

I call it for what it is: neglectful selfish parenting just so they can "get their reward in full" with the all the praise from other witnesses!

• minimus
    minimus
    If you look at Fluffy's face, it's the look of a dog knowing she's going to the pound.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

This past summer I was in Peru for 2 weeks, Lima, Cuzco, the Amazon jungle, Machu Picchu. No one gives a damn about the JW's down there. All they know is that JW's are an annoyance. Know why? They bring absolutely NOTHING of value to the destitute lives of those poor people. I visited an orphanage / community center sponsored by our tour guide (G-Adventures), and also helped run by the local Catholic Church. I was blown away. Here was "Christendom" and "worldly business" working together to help the downtrodden, hungry, orphans. What does the WTBTS do for those people? JACK SH*T. So tell me, what "witness" did I see? Who showed the "fruitages of the spirit", and was more "Christ-like"? Wasn't the JW's. Wasn't the Mormons or Advents either. They were just down there peddling their cult crap as well. All the poor people knew better.

I've heard many times on here how the 3rd world countries are ripe pickings for cults like the WTBTS. Having now been there, I can call - BS!!!! These poorer people see right thru the JW's recruiting, how they are money-grubbing, rude, and full of themselves, with absolutely nothing to contribute their culture or way of life, not even helping the hungry!

No, JWcult is in panic mode. I loved hearing about how they closed the branch in India, and told the workers to basically print their own material off the web, and fend for themselves!! This is VERY indicative of how they TRULY feel about the 3rd world peoples - "Be warm and well fed!!"

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I'm glad to hear you say that the people in poorer countries see right through the dubs WingCommander.

I have always suspected and hoped what you said to be the case, but having never been, and only hearing WT propoganda reports it's difficult to gauge the real story at times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit