Are the "Other Sheep" heirs to the Kingdom?

by artful 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• artful
    artful

The Watchtower of February 15, 2003 page 19, paragraph 6 under the heading "Attending as Respectful Observers" states:
    "Should those now doing good to the remnant of the 144,000 brothers of Christ partake of the Lord's Evening Meal? No. God has reserved that privilege for individuals he has anointed with holy spirit to be "joint heirs with Christ" (Romans 8:14-18)...Since they are not Jesus' joint heirs with a heavenly hope, they attend the Memorial as respectful observers."

According to the WTS, the "other sheep" are NOT joint heirs. However, who are the "heirs" spoken of in this case? They are those who inherit the Kingdom of God. We could then refer to a similar statement made by Jesus regarding those who would "inherit the kingdom":

Matt 25:33-40
    34 "Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35 For I became hungry and you gave me something to eat;...37 Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty, and give you something to drink?....40 And in reply the king will say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me."

According to the WTS explanation of the Sheep and the Goats parable, Christ's "brothers" are the "anointed" and the "sheep" represent the "other sheep" (those who are NOT joint heirs). However, according to the Society's own interpretation of this parable, the "other sheep" are first of all declared righteous by Jesus (a title the WTS reserves for the "anointed"), and secondly and most importantly they are said to be the ones who will "inherit the Kingdom of God". By the Society's own definition wouldn't this make the other sheep "heirs" to the Kingdom and therefore "joint heirs" with Christ?

Any comments?
    Cheers
    Artful

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

artful ; the wt is a master of contradicting, like their father satan. who else can say one thing on one page , and reverse it the next page . and get fools to believe it !!!! just fast, the wt uses a verse i theink in mat. " and i have other sheep ,that i must bring into the fold, and we all will become one frock and one shepard. jesus was talking to the jews, about the gentiles . it's a simple read. all who call on jesus are sons. gal 3:23-29 5:1-7 etc etc etc. as for the bread and wine i take jw's to jn 6 mostly jn 6:53 if you don't Partake in the lord's supper you have daeth. so now call jesus a lair. btw how are you doing on your reasearch. i'm sure you will turn over many nuggets of gold. as i have. remember " there will be no slip-up abraham will return in 1925 10-15-1917 pg.6157. the dinosaurs are now happy living on venus. golden age 4-1-31, pg. 428 . anly the god that lives in brooklyn could print such crap , and in the year 2003 call what was taught at the time INCONTRAVERTABLE FACTS... WISHING YOU AND YOURS WELL. JOHN

• artful
    artful

Hi John! Thanks for the reply.
    You're right about the contradiction issue, and I was one of the fools who did believe it - after all, it was coming from God's only "channel" LOL. Thanks for pointing to the scriptures in Galatians, they sum up the point of being sons of God very nicely. Regarding the partaking of the bread and wine, you are right, the scripture in John really states the matter very plainly:

John 6:53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you."

Regarding my research (comparing the statistics pertaining to the so-called signs of the times since 1914 with those of previous centuries) I just received the book that AlanF recommended, The Sign of the Last Days - When? I am starting to read through it and it contains exactly the stats I was searching for. There is an abundance of statistical information in this which demonstrates how little the 20th century differs from the past with respects to earthquakes, crime, famine, etc. - a very interesting read! (BTW, I don't receive any commission from Commentary Press for those comments..LOL)

Wishing you well
    Cheers
    Artful

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Artful,

thanks for this other gem of research. Sometime one wonders what

at WTBS Inc. drink during the day...!

Johnny cip: thanks for the excellent quote

"the dinosaurs are now happy living on venus. golden age 4-1-31, pg. 428 . "

A scan of that would be great! After all that magazine was because Jehovah,

in 1919, "has blessed them with unprecedented expansion and spiritual prosperity"

(from the book - Isaiah's Prophecy..- vol. II, pag. 316 ยง21 ).

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• artful
    artful

Greetings to you as well MacHislopp:
    I find that the more I read the WTS publications the more amazed I am at these types of inconsistencies! I just found another example of what would appear to be an outright lie regarding their 1914 prophecy in the Isaiah book. I'll post a detail of this as soon as I have a chance.
    Cheers
    Artful

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Artful,

thanks for the reply. Btw I'm preparing also something of the same book.

Probably I'l post it later. I do hope that it won't be the same material.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit